Saturday, November 18, 2006

Compassionate conservatism -- the Taser edition.


Given that it's actually the Right that's so ferociously concerned about human rights, it should come as no surprise that, when you have an appalling incident like a UCLA student being Tasered by campus police for not having a student ID card, it's the Blogging Tories that are going to be absolutely beside themselves with rage, demanding a full accounting of this atrocity and ... and ...

You didn't even follow that Blogging Tories link, did you? Have I become that predictable? Lord, you people can read me like a book.

MORE RIGHT-WING "HUMAN RIGHTS" CRUNCHY GOODNESS
: Really, I could milk this for years, couldn't I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Meese is pretty smart. I didn't know that the American Revolutionary War was fought before the Geneva Convention was signed!

So, summary executions in 1777 weren't in violation of the Geneva Convention which went into force in 1950.

Which, of course, means that summary executions are fine now. What with that precedent and all.

"Ed Meese, ... the name rhymes with 'congealed grease.'"

Anonymous said...

You didn't even follow that Blogging Tories link, did you? Have I become that predictable? Lord, you people can read me like a book.

Well, I still roll my mouse over the links to see where they're going.

Anonymous said...

OMG Ti-Guy, you do that too? LOL
mw

Anonymous said...

You must have missed this: http://langhjelmletter.blogspot.com/2006/11/absolutely-disgusting.html

Oopsies! Research is a good thing, CC.