Friday, November 10, 2006

Careful, Charlie ... he's probably packing.


I know -- I really do -- that I should drag my attention back to the cement-headed imbeciles allegedly governing this country (and I use the word "governing" in its loosest, most flexible and most utterly inaccurate sense), but there's just so much GOP-related crunchy goodness happening down south that it's hard to tear one's self away.

The latest entertainment is here:

Harlem's newly powerful Rep. Charles Rangel wants to stick it to his White House nemesis Vice President Cheney - by taking over his spacious House office...

"Mr. Cheney enjoys an office on the second floor on the House of Representatives that historically has been designated as the Ways and Means chairman," Rangel mused. "And, I've talked with [future Speaker of the House] Nancy Pelosi … and I'm trying to find some way to be gentle as I restore the dignity of that office to the chair."

I'm not sure why Rangel feels any need to be polite about it. It's not like Cheney needs that office space, what with his spending most of his time in his undisclosed, secure location. If I was Rangel, I'd just leave a voice mail: "Yo, Dick. I'll be movin' my shit into that office first thing Monday morning. Whatever's still there goes to Goodwill, know what I'm sayin'?"

Although, given Dick's passion for firearms, if I were Charlie, I might bring a couple of bad-ass homeboys from the 'hood with me. From what I hear, Dick's in a pissy mood these days and you just never know when he's going to decide to shoot someone in the face, so I'd want to be in a position to return fire, if you know what I mean.

No comments: