Friday, August 28, 2026

Chronicles of Twatrick: You keep using those words "ongoing" and "continuous" ...

Just to follow up on yesterday's post where I pointed out how Patrick invariably misreads the law, he very unwisely put in a letter to my lawyer his assurance that, upon losing my recent Rule 4.33 Application, he would refile the same ignorant swill based on his (mis)understanding that he could defeat Alberta's 2-year limitation period by magically claiming that, in Canada, defamation can be considered ongoing and continuous and thus not subject to limitation periods:

 


 


 

First, appreciate Patrick's mind-boggling stupidity in admitting, in writing, that "more than four years have passed." It is difficult to comprehend the level of dumbth of someone who is preparing to argue limitation periods, then proceeds to open with a written admission that he is well beyond it.

However, once again, I convinced Google to weigh in and asked about the wisdom of claiming "ongoing" and "continuous" defamation in the context of a Rule 4.33 dismissal and, once again, Google came through:

 


 

I particularly recommend the last point, which points out that the courts have little patience with "artful pleading" as a way to get around the fact that one's claims are wildly out of time.

Finally, as I said before, Patrick is free to file a new action if he thinks he's identified the basis for a claim within two years of his filing date, but if he thinks he can just grab everything from four or more years ago and drag it forward, he is most likely going to be disappointed. 

AFTERSNARK: Note well that, for Patrick to file another lawsuit, he cannot just claim defamation or harassment within the last two years, but also that those claims are "entirely new and distinct." That is, they cannot be simple repetitions that were already dismissed by my Rule 4.33 Application.

I mention this since I suspect this is what Patrick is going to try; that is, to claim that, for whatever reason, his clearly old and out-of-date claims can somehow be brought forward as part of his new lawsuit. It seems clear that he can't do that, but I'm predicting that that is exactly what he is going to do. I also predict that he will do it on his own because his current lawyer will refuse to sign his name to such nonsense.

BY THE WAY, you just know that Patrick is going to brag that he knows how to get around the 2-year limitation period. I will remind you that Patrick was equally confident that he was going to defeat my Rule 4.33 Application. Patrick has a long history of promising victory, then getting punished by the Court. I don't see this being any different.

1 comment:

RossOwesDay said...

Well, Twatsy's back to doing podcasts from Lloydminster. Maybe he's hoping to revert to his usual strategy of staying off-the-grid and hoping he continues living the dream of a bankrupt.