Thursday, October 22, 2009

Good Lord ... you're an imbecile!


PZ excerpts the best part of the exchange between the crazy Hugh Hewitt and the not-crazy Richard Dawkins:

RD: Okay, do you believe Jesus turned water into wine?

HH: Yes.

RD: You seriously do?

HH: Yes.

RD: You actually think that Jesus got water, and made all those molecules turn into wine?

HH: Yes.

RD: My God.

HH: Yes. My God, actually, not yours. But let me…

RD: I've realized the kind of person I'm dealing with now.

That's just precious. Feel free to replace Hugh Hewitt with almost every Blogging Tory and, really, it would work just as well.

7 comments:

This Is Me Posting said...

The best part is:

"My God, actually, not yours."

The overwhelming irony and hypocrisy in that statement is mind blowing.

liberal supporter said...

==It should have gone like this:

HH: My God, actually, not yours.

RD: No. I am your God. Can you prove me wrong?

==I doubt HH could. But let's watch him try:


HH: But you don't look like God.
RD: I am white. What more do you need, my child?

HH: Then perform a miracle.
RD: Young ignoramus, even my Son would not perform miracles on command, even while nailed to a cross. Why would I then acquiesce to your orders, without you even bothering to ask in a prayer? Who do you think is the Boss here anyway?

HH: Then explain all those errors and inconsistencies in the Bible.
RD: Foolish fallen human, the apologists for my book are legion. Ask them, and do not bother me with your trivial questions when you could be spending your time worshipping Me.

HH: Am I saved then?
RD: You hope so. Go forth and be stupid no more.

KEvron said...

"My God, actually, not yours."

there it is.

KEvron

sooey said...

He should have been hooked up immediately to a lie detector. That would have been so funny to watch the little thingie shoot up when he said he believed that Jesus turned water into wine.

I mean, good gawd, Jesus spoke in parables, even.

KEvron said...

"No. I am your God. Can you prove me wrong?"

i've played that game. "none are so blind...." really cheeses 'em off.

KEvron

mikmik said...

OMG! MGNY!

sooey said...

Why would a scientist debate with someone who believes in magical powers?