Monday, May 18, 2009

And representing the theistic side of the argument, some annoying bitch.


Via TBogg, we learn of one Charlotte Allen, who challenges us atheists to an intellectual give-and-take and animated discussion of the finer points of theology, as long as we can stop being such snivelling, whining jerks and self-obsessed, boring martyrs and assholes. Then maybe we can get somewhere.

In related Canadian news, Blogging Tory "Neo Conservative" invites you to leave a comment, you stupid, ugly, pathetic, ignorant, screeching, CC-loving moonbat leftard cocksucker. Or are you just chicken?

P.S. I would love to debate the finer points of God-existsness. Consider, if you will, the more intricate details of metaphysical epistemology contained herein:

If you were to "prove" that my mother did not exist, I would still know you were wrong, because I know my mother. The logic would in fact be flawed. In the same way, Christians know that God exists, through the witness of his Spirit whom he has given to us. God is not a theory or an idea or a wish. Therefore, I can say with certainty that any logical proof of God's non-existence would be flawed.

An interesting proposal which could be worded somewhat more succinctly:

I'd like to prove that I'm right. As a start, let us assume that I'm right. The rest follows naturally.

That does save everyone loads of time, doesn't it?

4 comments:

KEvron said...

"you stupid, ugly, pathetic, ignorant, screeching, CC-loving moonbat leftard cocksucker. Or are you just chicken?"

i fit both catagories and still i'm not permitted to comment.

KEvron

Bismark said...

I know that Thor exists through the witness of his thunderous presence. Thor is not a theory or an idea or a wish. Therefore, I can say with certainty that any logical proof of Thor's non-existence would be flawed.

ADHR said...

It's a weird argument. Empirical proofs for the existence of a deity died centuries ago. Most arguments still in play are a priori. I also think he's confusing empirical evidence with a priori self-evidence. I know my mother exists because of an aggregation of observations, not because it's a self-evident proposition. (That it isn't self-evident follows from the logical possibility that there are orphans.)

So, yeah. Really messed-up, incoherent reasoning.

sooey said...

In purely existential terms, isn't God existing the same as God not existing?

Aw crap. My mind just blew apart.