Thursday, December 22, 2005

The very definition of assholitude.


From the priceless Dan Froomkin:

How Cheney Flies

Nedra Pickler writes for the Associated Press with more tidbits from Cheney's recent trip. I mentioned on Monday that for the flight into Baghdad, the Air Force loaded an Airstream trailer into the belly of a C-17 cargo plane for Cheney and his top aides.

Pickler has more on that and on how during the flight home last night on his traditional 757, most of the electric outlets went on the fritz.

"Working passengers began lining up their laptops to share the power from a couple of working outlets - particularly the reporters who urgently needed to prepare their articles to transmit during a quick refueling stop in England.

"But when Cheney said his iPod needed to be recharged, it took precedence above all else and dominated one precious outlet for several hours. The vice president's press staff intervened so a reporter could use the outlet for 15 minutes to charge a dead laptop, but then the digital music device was plugged back in."

Insert your favourite joke about "compassionate conservatism" here.

BONUS TRACK: And while we're making fun of Cardiac Dick, here's a classic. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Rev.Paperboy said...

Can I just blogwhore a little and say that Tucker Carlson can kiss my maple-syrup-loving, Molson's-swilling, hockey-playing ass?

www.kevinswoodshed.blogspot.com


Oh and I thought I should let you know I listed your blog as good one to go to for Canadian election news

CC said...

the rev wrote:

Oh and I thought I should let you know I listed your blog as good one to go to for Canadian election news.

That's pretty hysterical since just about anyone over at Progressive Bloggers covers the Canadian election scene better than I do.

Nice try.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Jeez, some people just can't take a compliment. I am surprised at the relative silence on Fucker Carlson's idiotic comments