Thursday, December 29, 2005

How about "Canadian media's blogs of the year"?


No, seriously. It's not like we haven't had enough blogging awards, but I'd like to know what the Canadian mainstream media thinks. I'd like to see their list of top blogs -- not a general public opinion poll since, for the most part, I don't give a crap what the general public thinks. (We've already seen the clusterfuck that results when you combine the phrases "public intellectual" and "National Post" in the same sentence. God knows we don't want to go down that road again.)

I want the media's list of blog favourites, to see what they think is the best of the best. And I want to see if they're any smarter than Time, who soiled themselves last year by giving their "Blog of the Year" to these cretins, who turned out to be a bunch of dishonest, right-wing hacks and spin merchants.

So, how about it, Globe? Post? Star? CBC? Maclean's? Where's your list? We all need some entertainment to start the new year off right.

BY THE WAY
, it does seem that Time has learned its lesson, deciding against even having a 2005 "Blog of the Year". Perhaps it's just as well, since I can only imagine the rancor and acrimony around the table, trying to decide between Michelle Malkin and Little Green Footballs.

It would have been ugly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still bitter over not making the finalists list for the Weblog Awards, I see.

CC said...

Still bitter about being you, I see.