Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Easy there, Werner ... let's not blow your load all at once.


Methinks Werner Patels is a wee bit optimistic:

I see another blogger [that would be yours truly] has caught on as well and now promises to engage in "intellectual discourse", rather than insults. Maybe there's hope for all of us yet.

Uh, let's go the record, shall we?

In the comments, thwap wonders where went that whole civil discourse offer I made earlier. Simple: I made the offer, and haven't heard a peep in return. Until then, nothing changes.

Not only that, but I still reserve the right to slap the bejeezus out of whichever Blogging Tory I want. Civility will be doled out on a topic-by-topic basis. If someone wants to discuss some issue quietly and objectively, cool -- we can do that, and I'll promise to behave, and I'll demand that any commenters on that topic behave similarly.

But until that situation comes along, we're not going to start playing nice for nothing.

Just so we're clear. And Brian Lemon is still a dumbass motherfucker.

JUST ANOTHER UNHINGED, DERANGED MOONBAT. Apparently, Chester has his limits, too.

2 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

Blogging Tory bloggers have to make some concerted effort to crrect the glaring misinformation circulating among their members before I take their calls for civility seriously.

It's the same old thing; the rightwingers indulge in the most egregious distortions of reality and when someone calls them *stupid fucking retards* they all gasp and faint over the incivility, when a journalistic correction is called for.

They've been doing this *for years* now, and they'll never stop.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Would that be the same Werner Patels who threated to get on a plane to Tokyo to kick my ass when I questioned whether he was off his medication after he posted a totally deranged rant? Ahhh, civility...there's nothing like it


And Werner Patels has nothing to do with civility.