Thursday, June 03, 2021

Sure, let's talk about bestsellers.

Here's Rebel News' "Alberta Bureau Chief" and woman desperately trying to be taken seriously as a journalist Sheila Gunn Reid waxing pompous and sanctimonious about her bestselling books:




Here's the Amazon entry on Gunn Reid's bestselling "book" on David Suzuki:




I'm pretty sure I've written longer blog posts, but that's just me.

AFTERSNARK: Almost all of the literary excrement coming out of Rebel News is sufficiently brief to be appropriate for the intellectual shortcomings of its target audience. Here's the info for ex-Rebeler Lauren Southern's utter crapfest "Barbarians: How The Baby Boomers, Immigration, and Islam Screwed my Generation":




I believe I've made my point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the way that every Rebel publication, no matter what author, length, or subject matter, scores exactly the same rating of 4.5 stars, like an opt-in Sun News push poll. Imagine that - Ezra and Sheila right up there with Proust and Stephen King.

Brian Busby said...

Ezra Levant's Trumping Trudeau, the very first Rebel book, amounts to fewer than 18,000 words. This count would be on the lower end of a novella, which is generally agreed to be between 10,000 and 40,000 words in length. In comparing Trumping Trudeau to a novella, I'm in no way suggesting that Levant's work is fiction.

When reviewing Trumping Trudeau for The Walrus (link below), I noted that Levant was given to repetition. Many of those ≈18,000 words could have been cut.

Far more interesting was Levant's habit of making a false claim only to walk it back several pages later.

Jonathan Kay was the editor-in-chief when my review was published. This link uses the title I'd wanted:

Donald Trump's Great White Hope