Yes, it's cruel, but oh so much fun to summarize the track record of the neo-con claims for Iraq and the Global War on Terror. Feel free to play along at home:
- Iraq behind the terrorist attacks of 9/11? Nope.
- Iraq in possession of, or close to manufacturing, weapons of mass destruction? Nope.
- Invasion of Iraq to be a cakewalk? Uh, nope.
- Total reconstruction costs for Iraq not to exceed $1.7 billion? Um ... hardly.
- Invasion of Iraq possible with streamlined forces and limited troop numbers, because of the awesome efficiency of American troops? Not so far.
- No casualties whatsoever? Oh, puhleeze.
- Removal of Saddam Hussein to usher in an era of freedom and democracy for Iraqi citizens? Still waiting.
- Overthrow of tyrannical ruler of Iraq to send clear signal to other Mid-East governments, particularly to Iran to put those troublemakers in their place? Oh, yeah ... as we speak.
Don't stop here ...
THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING: Oh, Lord, how could I have missed this one?
"I can't tell you if the use of force in Iraq today will last five days, five weeks or five months, but it won't last any longer than that," [Rumsfeld] said in an hour-long radio interview for Infinity Broadcasting.
It might be easier to ask if there was a single thing these buffoons got right about this war, no?