Sunday, March 18, 2007

rehydration

I've been feeling a little under the weather lately. You know that, 'I think I'm coming down with something' feeling. Well last night it all came down. Stomach flu. Not a party. Between bouts of shivering and sweating, I was able to do away with all dignity. There's nothing quite like crawling to the bathroom on all fours, as your head leaks snot and tears, to remind one of humility. So far today, I have managed to keep down a glass of water and even half a cup of coffee. Somehow that seems like an achievement. During one of my more difficult transits from bed to bowl, I was quite deliriously convinced that Stephen Harper, in the guise of a hairless cat, was stealing and hiding all of my money. Not that there's much to steal and hide. Anyway, in the midst of retching, I was able to take some solace in panting, "Fuck off Harper" between heaves. After finally managing a few hours of fitful sleep, I have arisen, shaky and aching. First thing I did after a tentative sip of water, was check on my money. I'm happy to report that my few folded bills were intact. Just the same, I'm keeping an eye out for this guy:

2 comments:

catnip said...

lol! Feel better soon. I'm sick as a dog too but at least I'm not hallucinating about Steve so I guess it could be worse...

Anonymous said...

Ack. That same bug blew through my house last week, taking no prisoners and leaving us all in a severe state of upchucking poopy. I hope you feel better soon!