Friday, December 16, 2005

OK, comments back on. Let's see what happens.


Before we get rolling again, let me tidy up some loose ends from back here, then we can get back to business.

First, I turned off comments temporarily to put a stop to the incessant crap being posted by one Mr. "Fly," who doesn't seem to have clue one regarding the general etiquette involved in dumping dishonest crap in someone else's comments section. We shall now see if he's any better behaved.

Next, understand clearly that my de-activating comments was in no way "censoring" Mr. Fly. Given that he has his own blog, he clearly has the ability to post whatever he wants over there and he's welcome to it. I just don't appreciate the childish behaviour of people like Mr. Fly deciding to take over my forum. As I said earlier, if you want to comment here, you can be minimally polite about it and, at the very least, actually address the issue at hand.

And as to my challenge to Mr. Fly, it's simple. Earlier, I claimed that there is now overwhelming evidence that the Bush administration lied when they claimed that everyone had access to "the same intelligence" on Iraq. Start here and follow the link.

Mr. Fly, on the other hand, implausibly claims that he debunked that notion some three weeks ago (I say "implausible" since I'm not sure how he could have debunked, three weeks ago, a news piece that only appeared in the last 24 hours). To which I say, fine, let's see the proof.

And that's my challenge to Mr. Fly -- let's see your objective evidence that every single member of Congress had exactly the same access to all of the intelligence on Iraq as did the members of the Bush administration. That's what I'm asking for, and that's what I expect you to post in the comments section.

I will, on the other hand, delete any comments from Mr. Fly that don't specifically address that issue. Think of it like Roberts' Rules of Order -- there's an open issue on the floor for Mr. Fly, and I'm not going to let him change the subject until this issue is resolved one way or the other. Note how I'm not only not censoring him -- I'm openly inviting him to present his evidence. So Mr. Fly has absolutely no grounds for accusing me of trying to censor him. My comments section is now open, and I await his evidence.

Now let's see if he can deliver.

AND THE FALLOUT CONTINUES: Toward the bottom of the transcript here, you can see poor Li'l Scottie trying to push the same fiction as Mr. Fly, and getting caught lying about the mandate of the Silberman-Robb Commission.

I think my job here is done.

AH, MAYBE NOT: How about some dueling perspectives? First, you have the utterly partisan hackery of the administration here, which you are free to compare to actual reality here.

Man, I love the Internets.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Wow, it's lonely here. Where is Mr. Fly?