Saturday, May 06, 2023

Chronicles of Twatrick: Handing it off to a higher authority.

I did mention that there would likely be some new Twatrick-related developments as of yesterday, and so there are. While it's been delightful beating up on undischarged bankrupt and fugitive Patrick "MOM, CC's LOOKING AT ME!!!" Ross on a daily basis here at CC HQ, all of that savage beatdown has lost a bit of its excitement so, based on arrangements I've been making all of last week, I'm handing over the continuing beatdown to an unspecified higher authority, who has both the wherewithal and the authority to take over from here so I can get back to doing useful and lucrative things.

I'm not going to get into details as I refuse to give Patrick any sort of heads-up as to what's heading his way, but it's safe to say that, while I'm going to allow the process to take just a wee bit longer, the end result is not going to leave Patrick a happy man. So you're welcome to stop by to see if anything's changed but there will almost certainly be less of my bringing the heat since I'm more than happy at this point to let the experts handle it.

Having said all that, there are a couple things that will most emphatically not change. On the 19th of every month, we will still celebrate "Happy Interestversary," to commemorate Patrick owing me another 5% per annum interest on his outstanding debt to me of over $100,000.




And here's the other thing that is not going to change.

I am still more than happy to be kept informed as to Patrick's whereabouts, as in where he's living, where he's working, what he's driving, how many $21 greaseburgers he's washed down with an 80 oz. Dr. Pepper, that sort of thing. It's not even clear whether Patrick is still in the Lloyd, or whether he's high-tailed it back to Grande Prairie but, in any event, if you run across him, you can let me know at canadiancynic@yahoo.ca. And in case you were wondering, it is absolutely legal to take confirmatory pics as proof as long as it involves public property and no expectation of privacy, regardless of what Boy Lawyer Patrick Ross would like to tell you. (I already have agreement from four different people who have offered to keep tabs on Patrick, but you're welcome to play along as well.)

Anyway, I have things to do, people to see and multiple European vacations to take, so you'll understand if I hand over the sordid and evasive history of Patrick Ross to the experts and let them deal with his pathetic, weaselly, insolvent, bankrupt ass. And if anything breaks in the way of news, I'll let you know.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, so you're going to leave us hanging? It's like watching a soap opera, you can't just quit cold turkey. Where am I going get my Twatsy news now?

CC said...

Anon @ 6:06 AM: Not totally cold turkey, there will be occasional updates. But I was persuaded that there is a far more effective approach to dealing with Patrick than what I've been doing and while it will take slightly longer, it has one massive advantage: I will be able to stick Patrick with almost all of the costs of everything that will be done.

Admittedly, he's unlikely to pay anything (at least when those costs awards are made against him), but those awards will simply be tacked on to his growing debt to me, to the point where it's unlikely he's *ever* getting out of bankruptcy.

So I'm totally fine leaving this in the hands of the professionals, confident that not only will I prevail, but Patrick will be looking at *many* thousands of dollars in additional costs. Now if you'll excuse me, it's going to be gorgeous weekend and I plan to take advantage of it.

Anonymous said...

Is the $500 bounty still available?

RossOwesDay said...

When you mention a "higher authority", this comes to mind:

https://youtu.be/kujo7V9m0gk

(Pro wrestling reference that Twatsy and some of your readers will get.)

CC said...

Anon @ 7:48 am: I gave that some thought and I'm dropping the bounty idea for a couple reasons. First, it had some pretty strict requirements -- *verifiable* information related to *all* of Patrick's current residence, place of employment and vehicle, and no one has thus far even *tried* to collect so it seems like a waste of time to keep offering.

Also, given that I have a number of people in both Lloydminster and in the vicinity of Grande Prairie who are more than happy to keep an eye out for Patrick and to do it for free, what the heck, I might as well spend my money elsewhere.

In the end, I doubt Patrick will be able to hide for an extended period of time; too many people have a vested interest in seeing him brought to justice, and are willing to help out at no charge for the sheer pleasure of it.

Anonymous said...

I just checked, and Patrick started owing you $85,000 since late in 2010. So it's been over 12 years and now he owes you even more. Do you think you'll ever collect anything?

CC said...

Anon @ 5:42 AM: That is an excellent question, and might be the topic of a future blog post. I used to be much more interested in tracking Patrick down, and squeezing money out of him. But that changed a couple years back when I registered my judgment against him in Saskatchewan and, as part of that registration, the judge bumped up the accruing interest rate on what Patrick owes me from 2% to 5%.

Under the circumstances, rather than frantically chasing Patrick month after month, I've taken to looking at his debt to me as a savings account with over $100,000 in it that is pulling in a whopping 5% annual interest rate. Of course, the value in that assumes that I eventually *will* collect, but until that time comes, I'll just watch the value of my Patrick Ross savings account grow by 5% per year, which is a heck of a lot better than your standard savings account.

Given how long this has been going on, I have slowly learned patience over the years. I'm confident I will collect someday, and when that day comes, the reckoning will be substantial.

Anonymous said...

On top of what he owes you, isn't Patrick liable for a pile of cost awards since he keeps losing to you? Any idea how much that's going to be? Even if he refuses to pay, isn't that just added to the final bill?

thwap said...

You can always take it out in trade.

CC said...

thwap: I have no interest in MMA cosplay costumes, pro wresting replica belts or really, really bad erotic fiction. So ... no.