Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Scott McClellan press gaggles: They are what they are.


The good folks over at Editor & Publisher must be having a good chuckle these days. Following up on their Jan 27 piece, in which they take White House spokesweasel Scott McClellan to task for his annoying use of the evasive phrase, "It is what it is," we have Li'l Scottie on Feb 14, showing the press corps some love:

MR. McCLELLAN: I don't want to make this about anything other than what it is. It is what it is, David...

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm glad to answer your questions, but I think we went through it thoroughly yesterday. It is what it is, and I think it's time to move on for the American people...

And what exactly does that phrase mean? Well, I guess it means what it means. You got a problem with that?

2 comments:

M@ said...

I guess that depends on what the definition of "is" is.

To quote a talking point I remember hearing, oh, eight years ago or so.

Zorpheous said...

LOL

It is what it is,...

It means what it means,...

LOL