Saturday, February 06, 2010

Submitted without comment.


Never a dull moment:

Jim Pankiw announces return to politics, says he 'doesn't need the media' to win federal riding

Former MP Jim Pankiw had two messages for reporters who accepted his invitation to a press conference Thursday.

"Yeah, I'm running in the next federal election in Saskatoon-Humboldt as an independent," the 43-year-old chiropractor told a roomful of journalists after a series of introductory remarks about his personal background and views on what he considers to be "race-based privileges" for aboriginal Canadians.

"And I will win," he said. "And I don't need the media." ...

"And what really pisses me off is that I pay taxes and the government takes my money and gives it to people, other people, who don't have that kind of a work ethic. They get free housing, free education, free health care -- holy Christ, hunting and fishing privileges, going to university for free, while I was sleeping on a concrete floor. This has to stop. This is ridiculous." ...

When asked why he would call a press conference if he wants to avoid the media, Pankiw said, "I don't know, to rub it in your face. Because I don't need you."

Pankiw went on to accuse aboriginals of being racist, which is where I stopped reading. Really, there was enough entertainment value already.

AFTERSNARK: Courtesy of Lady Alison, nineteen minutes and 39 seconds of your life you'll never get back. Don't say I never did nuthin' for you.


5 comments:

Niles said...

I.did.not.know the Leader Post was bought up by the Onion.

Just goes to prove truth always always always doubles down on fiction and walks away with the pot.

And I'd say Pankiw has been smoking the pot, but he'd be more likeable.

Niles said...

...here's part one of the story. before the actual press conference

http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Former+launches+political+comeback/2520337/story.html

(apologies, I really don't know how to do the insta-links)

Alison said...

So seldom nowadays does one hear a former Reform/Alliance MP publicly equate First Nations people with the KuKluxKlan.

There's an embeddable vid tab of the presser at that link, CC.
http://www.leaderpost.com/news/videos/index.html#lb5ZlQtZE3q2RJCT5BBidycv_5lgCqdT

Rev.Paperboy said...

I can't decide if he's drunk, off his meds, on the wrong meds, high as a kite or just plain crazy. You can just about hear the ticking sound coming from him though.

sooey said...

What kind of idiot sleeps on a concrete floor?