As I have just been told, the link I posted earlier, https://albertacourts.webex.com/meet/virtual.courtroom70, is the correct link for the Grande Prairie virtual courtroom for Thursday, August 20, and virtual hearings are open to the public.
Court starts at 10 a.m. (Alberta time), and my case is #14 on the court list so it might take some time to get to it, but that should give you time to test your connection and do any troubleshooting.
I plan on attending but I will not actively participate as I have a lawyer to handle that for me. I really am curious as to what defense is going to be offered.
FOLLOWUP: I just connected to test my Webex configuration and it seems fine, so anyone else might want to take a minute to connect to the hearings that just started.
3 comments:
We watched some of today's proceedings. There was a very interesting - if not analogous - case of someone who owed a substantial sum of money to a plaintiff, and had not over the past decade paid any part of the judgment. They also failed to provide mandatory forms of asset disclosure and personal addresses. Sound familiar?? The prosecuting attorney asked for fine and/or imprisonment of the defendant. The judge obliged, fining the defendant $150 daily until he complies. Then, as of September 30, the judge would consider authorizing the arrest of the defendant if he didn't clean up his act.
Can we hope for something similar to Twatsy??? Jailtime would look good on him
This would be amazing if Patrick was forced to pay fines and possibly a term of jail due to lack of follow through paying off his judgement.
Post a Comment