Monday, May 23, 2005

"Hypothetical," my butt. Part 1.5.


Before I finish with part two of this post, I do have to indulge in just the teensiest bit of "Am I just too freaking psychic for words or what?"

Recall from back here that I suggested that White House Press Reptile Scott McClellan had such a predictable set of evasions, he might as well just number them -- sort of the way he might have done just that here.

First, there was his ritualistic "Well, I don't agree with your characterization," which we can see on display here:

Q One other question. Karzai was quite definite in saying that he didn't believe that the violence in Afghanistan was directly tied to the Newsweek article about Koran desecration. Yet, from this podium, you have made that link. So --

MR. McCLELLAN
: Actually, I don't think you're actually characterizing what was said accurately.

And, as a bonus, there was my description of how Scottie deflects questions about what El Presidente thinks onto the subjects of those very same questions. You know -- sort of like this:

Q Congressman Barney Frank has for the second time publicly denounced Democratic National Chairman Howard Dean for Dean's repeatedly saying that Majority Leader DeLay is likely to go to jail and should step down. My question: Does the President agree with Congressman Frank on this issue? And what was his reaction to Dean, as a physician, making fun of Limbaugh's battle against addiction to painkillers?

MR. McCLELLAN
: There's a Democratic National Committee. There's also a Republican National Committee. I think the best place to look for a response would be from the Republican National Committee when it comes to that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Poor Scottie. So depressingly predictable, it's embarrassing.

No comments: