Friday, March 17, 2006

It's not the lying, it's ... well, yeah, it's the lying.


Oh, dear. Poor Wonder Woman, who writes this:

Furthermore, when I challenged [CC] to put his money where his foul mouth was and commit to make a contribution to my family's yearly participation in Megan's Walk for the Hospital for Sick Children, his answer was to ignore my comment, and insult me on every level.

Oops. Apparently, someone is having reading comprehension problems again (currently to be found at the very end of those comments and, you'll notice, posted at 6:54 this morning):

Put me down for $100. Just tell me when and where to send the money. Now, let's see which of your regular readers want to match that. Or whether I'm the only one willing to put my money where my mouth is.

Gee, if only Wonder Woman had played this differently, she might have been able to raise more money for her pet charity. Wait ... that sounds suspiciously familiar. Where have I heard that before?

OOOOH ... SUPER DUPER UPDATE
: And WW comes through with ... um ... I'm not sure:

[CC] has pledged to slap down $100 when the time comes, so it seems as though he may have a heart after all.

Congratulations, WW. Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any more classless, you come through with one of the most mealy-mouthed corrections I've ever read. The mind reels. Really. And leaving up the part about my "moral profligacy" and how "some people say and others do." Brilliant touch.

Jesus, what a waste of time this has been. Pardon me while I take a deep breath and return to the land of the not clinically insane.

4 comments:

CC said...

You're joking, right? You slag Jessica Simpson for wanting to run her charity however she wants; you absolutely refuse to admit what kind of complete ass you've made of yourself; you then, after similarly slagging me, actually have the nerve to challenge me to pony up cash for your charity and when (against all logic and reason) I actually do, what I get from you is dumped on at that worthless piece of crap you call a "blog" without so much as an apology or an online correction or retraction for what kind of complete and utter bitch you've been.

Fuck you, lady. While all of your devoted commenters slavishly fell into line agreeing what sort of total jerk I was, I was the only one who offered to sponsor you and we can all see what I got for my trouble.

Gee ... try to be charitable and get dumped on. I'm betting that's exactly what Jessica Simpson saw coming a mile away.

CC said...

P.S. For those who are amused by this sort of thing, based on timestamps, it's now been over 20 minutes since WW left that comment up there and, as of this minute, there is not a single word of apology, correction, retraction or gratitude on her blog.

I'm sure you're all just totally shocked.

beepbeepitsme said...

OH!! Blog fight.... Seems like cynic is in the right to me :)

CC said...

Dear BeepBeep:

No, it's not really a blog "fight." It's more like this.