Tuesday, June 13, 2023

I have just been suspended on Twitter.

Minutes ago, my "@canadiancynic" Twitter account was suspended because of:



That's right -- given the number of right-wing fascists openly espousing actual violence on Twitter, I was suspended for a parody of a famous scene from the move "Fargo."

I was not given the option of deleting that tweet to get my account back, so feel free to amplify this on Twitter so others know what is happening. I have already filed an appeal, and I will post here the reply I get.

AH, THE HYPOCRISY: Here is how fucked up Twitter is right now: while suspending my account for the publication of a tweet you can still see here - https://twitter.com/canadiancynic/status/1667436216688558080 - Twitter will not allow me to delete it.

Let that sink in.

While Twitter insists that that tweet incites or glorifies violence, it also insists that it must remain in my Twitter timeline.

Jesus.

AND THERE IT IS ... I have apparently been permanently banned from publishing any more tweets:



Well, it's been fun.

BONUS: Predictably, right-wing "freedom!!!" bots who are all about the free speech are currently celebrating my suspension. The hypocrisy is palpable, isn't it?

4 comments:

MgS said...

Huh - meanwhile the entire RW fascist brigade gets to call LGBTQ people “groomers” and make death threats …. And that never seems to violate Twitter’s “guidelines”. (Or, it takes months for them to decide to do anything)

Coolxenu said...

Bienvenu a Mastodon.

Anonymous said...

For months at least rightwingers have been calling for "groomers" to be put in woodchippers; you can find them with a search but it looks like some of their accounts are suspended too.
So maybe you were caught in a general "woodchipper" purge. Change in Twitter management?
ValJ

Anonymous said...

My account was temporarily suspended for almost two years but could still be read, but now it is suspended and I got a notice that it was for violating platform rules and spam.
Hogwash, I always RT'd a lot.
I've been satisfied to just read twitter and not get drawn into stupid arguments, but twitter's changes have been making it more difficult to use, for example I can't search for words or hashtags without logging in anymore.
ValJ