Saturday, November 17, 2007

Dear Tony:


Tony Phyrillas, you worthless, fat fuck. And I quote:

Tony Phyrillas is a leading conservative columnist and blogger based in Pennsylvania. A veteran newspaperman with 25 years experience as a reporter, editor and columnist, Phyrillas received a first place award in 2007 for Best Opinion Column from Suburban Newspapers of America. He was also recognized for column writing in 2007 by the Society of Professional Journalists, Keystone Chapter. In June 2007, Phyrillas was named one of the most influential political bloggers in Pennsylvania by BlogNetNews.com. Odyssey: The World of Greece magazine named Phyrillas one of the leading Greek-American bloggers in the world in 2007. A graduate of Penn State University, Phyrillas is the city editor and political columnist for The Mercury, a two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning daily newspaper in Pottstown, Pa. In addition to the newspaper's Web site, www.pottsmerc.com, Phyrillas' columns are featured on more than two dozen other political Web sites and blogs. Phyrillas is a frequent guest (and occasional host) on talk radio programs and has been a panelist on the "Journalists Roundtable" program on the Pennsylvania Cable Network (PCN).

And yet, despite those stellar credentials, what we get from Tony is execrable rubbish like this:

Can you trust lefty bloggers?

A good question, Tony, since what else would 25 years in journalism have taught you but that we lefties are the dishonest ones? I can't imagine how any rigorous and objective research could possibly have led you to any other conclusion. But that's not why we're here, oh, no.

No, why we're here is to take issue with the fact that Tony seems to think it's journalistically acceptable to post crap like what he did, then (via moderation) to cherry pick the comments that readers submit so as to not publicly get his nads handed to him on a plate.

I know he's done this since at least one of my readers claims to have left a comment that hasn't appeared. In fact, even I submitted a short and uncharacterically polite bit, in which I simply referred Tony to a previous post of mine where Tony could see the ugly, rancid pile of racism that is the Big Weiner. Surprise, surprise ... that comment never appeared. This is, apparently, the state of your right-wing "journalism" these days -- reeking, ideological bias that doesn't even try to disguise itself anymore.

And at the risk of being childishly, unacceptably boorish, shallow and superficial, let me introduce you to Mr. Phyrillas:



And doesn't that just remind you of every smug, self-absorbed, talentless, right-wing hack you've ever had the misfortune to meet or read? The phrase "Doughy Pantload" just comes burbling up from the subconscious, doesn't it?

And since Tony doesn't seem keen on getting ripped a new orifice on his own blog, I'll be e-mailing him a short note linking back to this piece, for no other reason than just because. And you're welcome to do the same, at TPhyrillas@gmail.com, just because people like Tony deserve to know that we're onto them, and that we're tired of their "journalistic" douchebaggery.

Yeah, Tony, I'll be watching you now. And if I get bored, maybe I'll make sure that the next time someone Googles you, they learn what kind of sleazy douchebag you really are. 'Cuz that's just the way I roll.

Sincerely yours and fuck you,
CC

P.S. Dear Google:

Tony Phyrillas. Tony Phyrillas. Tony Phyrillas. Tony Phyrillas. Tony Phyrillas.
Douchebag. Douchebag. Douchebag. Douchebag. Douchebag.

You're welcome.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Can we not leave Tony unattended with young children?

10 comments:

KEvron said...

this oughta be fun....

KEvron

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

My dear fergusrush:

Either address at least some of the issues I write about, or fuck right off. I no longer have any patience with right-wing spambrains who show up just to try to prove how rhetorically clever they are.

So either come up with something more clever than "Wow, you lefties sure are unhinged!", or piss off.

Are we clear?

CC

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CC said...

Oh. Yawn. Keep trying, ferg.

Red Tory said...

I'd like to know how Fat Tony got that "Genius" rating because his posts are anything but.

KEvron said...

my guess would be boxtops....

KEvron

thwap said...

I saw the Hillary Duff entry as well. Then I pictured the guy beating-off to his daughter's teeny-bopper magazines and I had to leave the computer and go outside for a second to clear my head.

Ti-Guy said...

I'd like to know how Fat Tony got that "Genius" rating because his posts are anything but.

Red: both your and CC's blogs merit a "Junior High" reading level.

Doubtless the result of potty-mouth.

Anyway, my skin just starts crawling when I see an association between these rightwing gastropods and some Lolita fixation. Where's child sexual abuse/NAMBLA expert Richard Evans when you need him?

KEvron said...

my friend, eyedoc333, brought this bit of tonyism to my attention:

http://tinyurl.com/22yt9q

KEvron