Monday, October 29, 2007

... and in conclusion, you smell bad.


Raving loon and poster child for multiple-personality disorder Werner Patels tries to make himself acceptable to polite society:

THE SPADE is a quality online publication or "op-ed page", featuring opinion pieces/columns about politics, society, the media and much more...

THE SPADE is an open forum for views from all over the political spectrum. Quite often, readers will find that THE SPADE agrees with and/or promotes ideas that are traditionally linked with conservatism, liberalism or even social democracy. As long as ideas are grounded in common sense, there is absolutely no reason to discard them out of hand...

THE SPADE allows for interactivity with readers. Readers who wish to share their views and thoughts on the editorials published here are more than welcome to do so.

On the other hand, behind the relative privacy of e-mail, Werner sometimes feels the need to free the beast within:


> From: "W Patels" <wpatels@telus.net>
> To: [DELETED FOR PRIVACY],
> Subject: Stay away
> Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:40:01 -0600
>
> Don' bother replying because you are blacklisted by
> the ISP and so none of
> your messages will ever make it through.
>
> I have deleted all your stupid comments
>
> Stay the fuck away from my websites, you
> motherfucker! You are a fucking
> psychopath and probably a fucking Paki!
>
>
> Now go and fuck off you stinking fucking Paki!


Apparently (if I read Werner correctly), Pakis have a body odour problem, although Werner doesn't clarify whether that point of view is conservative, liberal or social democratic. Perhaps it just falls under the classification of "common sense." Yeah, that must be it.

THE WEINER RESPONDS: Well, sprinkle me with brown sugar and call me breakfast -- Werner drops by long enough to accuse me of posting fiction in his name. So here's what I'm gonna do.

Before I go any further in authenticating that e-mail, I want Werner to state, unambiguously and unequivocally, that he did not write that note. I realize he's already said as much in the comments section:

Not that it matters, because you lefties are so full of BS that you won't believe me anyway, but I'd just like to point out that this "email" is a fake, fabricated either by Canadian Cynic or anyone else with a grudge.

but I want him to state that again, just for the record. Then we'll see where this goes.

P.S. I'm fascinated by the fact that Werner, despite claiming that that e-mail is fake, isn't asking for an apology or to have it taken down. If it were me, I'd be livid and screaming about defamation and the like. And yet, for someone claiming to have been wronged, Werner is surprisingly sanguine about the whole thing. How ... curious.

30 comments:

Mike said...

Jaysus, the man is insane...though with an name like Patels, he is likely to reveal himself to be a Hindu by Friday....

Crabgräss said...

I'm actually at a loss for words. That is unbelievable.

Red Tory said...

Colour me surprised. NOT!!!!!!

Ti-Guy said...

What brought that on, I wonder? Oh, right...it's Monday.

Red Tory said...

Need it be pointed out that THE SPADE is the perfect TOOL for shoveling SHIT?

Chet Scoville said...

*blink blink*

Wow.

Dr.Dawg said...

Obviously he's not about to change the name of his blog to "The African American."

Werner Patels said...

Not that it matters, because you lefties are so full of BS that you won't believe me anyway, but I'd just like to point out that this "email" is a fake, fabricated either by Canadian Cynic or anyone else with a grudge.

So, carry on and enjoy yourselves why you still can.

Crabgräss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crabgräss said...

Werner, if what you say here is true, I apologize for my comment at 6:50 (which I just deleted). It would serve no purpose for me to reproduce it here. Maybe someone sent CC an edited note and presented it as being from you?

Anyway, I'm getting out of this thread for the moment. Dinnertime.

Werner Patels said...

All I can say, crabgrass, is that on the Internet anyone can assume anyone's identity. I could produce a similar "authentic email" in your name or CC's name and plaster it all over my blog as well.

I don't know if the site still exists, but if you go to wernerpatels.blogspot.com, for example, you'll see an example of what I mean: that particular individual set up a blog in my name a long time ago and then also started producing "email correspondence" there (and probably also sent out fakes to others).

I don't discriminate against anyone based on race. I discriminate against morons, criminals and, yes, terrorists. As I wrote here, criticizing the bad apples within an ethnic group (or any group) is not at all the same as making sweeping generalizations about the entire group.

I have no problem with any ethnic group; I only have problems with certain elements that exist in any group (including among whites), and in those cases I will speak up, but only against those rotten apples but not the entire group.

If I were to attack a Pakistani for being, say, a criminal or terrorist, it wouldn't mean that I condemn all Pakistanis as a race.

Dr.Dawg said...

Unless the headers say differently, I think we might owe Werner (ouch!!) an apology.

Day-um. I hate that.

But how'd he get over here so fast?

Werner Patels said...

Because, Dawg, you tipped me off with one of your off-topic comments you tried to post to my blog?

You think that might have anything to do with me getting "overe here so fast"?

Werner Patels said...

By the way, Dawg, I don't need an apology. You guys just keep playing along, like you always do.

Ti-Guy said...

And you're not getting one either, Prattles, you arse.

I'm certainly not apologising. That insane crypto-nazi is capable of anything. Check out his rants over at The Shotgun. He thinks Maher Arar lied and didn't deserve the settlement.

...this racist comment would not seem out of character, that's for sure.

Werner Patels said...

People with a bit of brain don't buy lies like those, you know? There was no proof of torture presented EVER!

And why did he get gun? Why did he criss-cross the border like a madman?

Questions to which we have never been given answers.

I am entitled to my opinion, and since he made those accusations, the burden of proof is on Arar to show irrefutable evidence of torture (the burden is on the accuser).

But just because of him, I won't condemn all Syrians. He's just one of those bad apples.

Ti-Guy said...

Whatever, Prattles. You're a pathological liar and everyone knows that.

Kelseigh said...

"...on the Internet anyone can assume anyone's identity."

Similarly, anyone can deny their own words to avoid embarrassment.

Just sayin', is all...

Crabgräss said...

Werner, if you don't think there's ample proof of Arar's torture in Syria, you must be absolutely fuming over Harper's decision to apologize to him and hand over $10.5 million for this bit of creative storytelling. The extra million for legal costs would just be a bit of salt in the wound, I reckon.

I mean, exactly what kind of gullible sap do we have running the country here? Holy shit, I'm just trying to imagine how red-hot pissed off you must be. I don't recall you bitchslapping our PM for it, but it's one of the pieces I must have missed at your blog.

I probably was on vacation or something.

M@ said...

Crabgrass -- it's quite simple, really. A Canadian citizen's rights and well-being are important only if it's politically convenient.

For example:

Maher Arar, wrongly accused of being a terrorist, sent to a Syrian holiday camp for an all-expenses-paid leisure trip: not important. Do not protect.

Jessica Beaumont, hate-filled racist neo-Nazi and teenaged girl: important. To be protected at all costs.

I hope I've helped to straighten this out.

Grog said...

People with a bit of brain don't buy lies like those, you know? There was no proof of torture presented EVER!

Please read The Arar Commission Report - especially section II - starting on P 51. and section V.3.4 starting on P 187.

Further, remember this - Arar was deported to Syria from the United States. If he was in fact associated with 'terrorism' as has been alleged, the US has laws and due process in place. Why was he arbitrarily detained and shipped off to Syria?

Your accusations, Werner, presuppose that Arar is guilty of something on the merits of the fact he was deported. Sadly, that isn't how the rule of law and due process work. Essentially he was tried and convicted in secret of charges never uttered to him.

The questions that should be answered must be answered by people like C. Rice and G. W. Bush and the parties directly involved in Arar's detention and rendition to Syria. They acted outside of the law and violated some key fundamentals of the rule of law and due process.

E in MD said...

Your accusations, Werner, presuppose that Arar is guilty of something on the merits of the fact he was deported. Sadly, that isn't how the rule of law and due process work. Essentially he was tried and convicted in secret of charges never uttered to him.

Nuh uh! That's precisely how we do it down here in the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Crabgräss said...

Thanks, m@.
Now I see.

Balbulican said...

Has anyone ever actually charted Werner's lunacy/lucidity cycle against the phases of the moon?

Crabgräss said...

Yes.

Coefficient of Lucidity: This measure was observed to be uniformly low throughout the lunar cycle. No correspondence with moon phases is thought to exist.

Values well below those observed in other individuals were revealed consistently.

Delusion Index: Index appears to be cyclical but as far as we were able to determine is a function only of wakefulness.

Why do you ask?

Balbulican said...

It was easier to ask than to send my own findings out for peer review. My own findings on the lucidity index were too low to yield anything statistically significant.

Crabgräss said...

Yeah, we had to have all of our equipment recalibrated.

Dr.Dawg said...

I take back my fucking apology. Here's what Patels said in an email to me received today:

Arar has yet to provide proof of his "torture". Unless and until he does, I won't believe a word that dirty bastard says.

There's a dirty bastard here somewhere, but it isn't Arar.

Ti-Guy said...

Arar has yet to provide proof of his "torture". Unless and until he does, I won't believe a word that dirty bastard says.

"I never wrote that!"

/Patels

the rev. said...

I do wish I had saved the email that wiener sent me a couple of years ago when I suggest in a comment on his blog that he was off his meds. He promised that if I didn't live overseas that he would commit physical violence on me for "slandering" his good name.
What. A. Pathetic. Loon.