Monday, November 12, 2007

Kiss My Nexus

Hi there kids! Did you ever wish that you had a stalker? You know, some troubled soul that either detests or loves you to the point of mania. It's like all of the attention you could ever want, multiplied by all of the attention you never wanted with a side order of creepy. You really should try it. I've had several stalkers and I currently have an over flow stalker from a friend whose ex blames me for her ditching his crazy ass. I just can't say enough about all of the hang ups and phone calls in the middle of the night. There's not much more exhilarating than noticing that familiar shape folding into the shadows as you put the key in your door at night. And who doesn't want to find out that the person leaving all of those psychotic notes under your door got taken away for holding a knife to her best friend's throat. What's not to love about that?

But hey, those are real life local stalkers that have physical proximity and access to your self and home, your place of work and your friends and acquaintances. Then there's Patrick Ross.

Patrick is the puckmaster of an online toilet called the nexus of assholery. True to his claim he is indeed an asshole. Patrick is one of those sausage built jackholes that likes to bark names at folks and whine like a teat deprived baby when he gets smacked around the ear for his trouble. In other words, a conservative blogger. And why would i be bothering with this tard? Well the other day there was a bit of a todo over the Florida tasering of Andrew Meyer. Dr. Dawg got into it with KEvron and their differences migrated here and there was much debate and agreeing to disagree. In the course of things, I said a few unkind things about Ross. In short I called him a tainted shit. Which is fair enough, considering his penchant for online stalking.

Ross has been part of a tawdry movement to expose the identity of our host, CC. Ross has allied himself with such luminaries as Werner Patels and Richard (bigger bounty) Evans in this effort. Not because knowing the name of CC will in any way help them but purely because they wish harm to come to him. Not because the identity of CC will improve their chances of winning a battle of wits but because that exposure might induce some like minded soul to do violence to him. Violence that they could relish, cheer on and take pleasure in vicariously. There is nothing positive to be gained by knowing the name and identity of CC. He can be found readily enough, right here in the pixel box. The fact is that CC has stung these goobers with his words and they detest his ideas and ideals. They want to hurt him. Simple. They want to see him come to economic, social and physical harm.

All of which brings us to this:

"In a recent post at Canadian Cynic's blog, Pretty Shaved Ape (reportedly, also known as Lindsay Stewart, a Waterloo-area actor/waiter -- read: failed actor) has chosen to address a disagreement between Dr. Dawg and the ever-petulant and mindless KevRon."

Well, well, well. Congratulations Patrick Ross. You have discovered my name. I am indeed Lindsay Stewart. Thing is, Patrick likely found out this dark and mysterious secret by digging through the archives of my old blog The Terminal Velocity of Sausage. I choose to post under a pseudonym because it's a character to play, an extension of me and a personal buffer. There have been a few occasions where I have either posted or signed off on a post using my real name. Those are generally posts that are either more personal or important to me. So congratulations once more Patrick that's really quite a coup, you have earned your Steve Janke boy detective badge.

Now the thing is, I work in the entertainment industries on occasion. Hence the mortally stinging rejoinder that I am a failed actor. As a result, I am accustomed to my name being public and I accept that there are going to be people that resent me for it. The business of entertainment is often bitter, petty and mean. Entertainers have to be both incredibly tough and vulnerable. Tough, to withstand the very personal judgments people freely make and vulnerable, to have access to the emotional landscape from which the work derives.

Am I rich and famous? Nope. Am I a failure? If money and fame are your only yardsticks, yup. Does it matter? Nope. See the thing is, if you're actually pursuing your art, learning and applying what you learn, then you aren't a failure. Is the measure of success the size of the stage you work on? I don't think so but I've worked on major motion pictures as well as no budget indies. If Patrick wants to play a round of curriculum vitae one on one, I have no doubt that my achievements will easily trump his. Thing is I don't care about that. I don't do what I do for the reward at the end, I do it because it is what and who I am. Acting, music and writing have either supplemented or been the source of my income over the last two decades. Is that success? Nope. I've been lucky enough to do a lot of work that had integrity, that challenged me and taught me things about the art and about myself. That's success to me. I don't need a personal jet, thanks.

For the sake of anyone that gives a toss, arguments over my success or failure can soon be put to rest. Let's say that come the new year you judge for yourselves. Over the last while I have been putting the finishing touches on a recording project consisting of 13 original songs, penned and performed by Lindsay Stewart (reportedly also known as pretty shaved ape). When we finish the mixing and mastering, I will post them and you can download them. There will be a Paypal button but there will be no obligation to use it. Payment will be strictly voluntary. You can let me know whether I succeeded of failed with your words or coins or however you like.

What's more, in the new year I will be launching a larger and more involved project. I have already invested significant time, energy and cash into this venture. As the project takes shape I will keep those interested informed. Maybe Patrick will post a list of his complete hockey card collection to prove what a wicked, awesome dude he is. Or something.

I'll still post what I post and you can celebrate or revile me as either or both Lindsay Stewart and the pretty shaved ape. Patrick will continue his foolish stalking and misrepresenting others until he gets tired and has to have more snacks. He is dishonest and petty and I am sure that he is a smashing success, probably has a merit badge in foosball or something.

What really matters is intent. I'm intent on contributing to the body of art and entertainment in a variety of media, amusing myself and others along the way. I don't object to my name being known though I do object to the manner in which it has been made known here. Patrick's intent is for me to feel some distress at this exposure. he means it to be hurtful and he takes pride in the intent. That makes Patrick Ross an asshole, a dishonest, petty asshole.

18 comments:

Paladiea said...

Patrick Ross can go jump in the lake. PSA you're awesome. Don't let ugly Conservatives bring you down!

And if you ever need someone to kick ass, I'm your girl :)

M@ said...

Hey, PSA, I'd forgotten you were an actor, but now that I'm reminded of it I'm not surprised that you were willing to post (unasked) a mention of my book launches in addition to CC's.

The thing about people who actually do stuff in the arts is that they understand the idea of supporting what others around them do. Those who actually work and create often seem to have an appreciation for things that others build and create, too.

And those that don't build or create... well, they look at what Ted Danson gets per episode and pronounce other people failures. Or they start blogs where they can call other people failures with impunity.

Well, good for them.

counter-coulter said...

You're original assessment of Mr. Ross as being a piece of human excrement was spot on. Ross and his ilk bring in to sharp relief the moral and decent vacuum that parades as "conservative" belief.

JJ said...

This "outing" thing is very creepy and reminds me of the anti-abortion nitwits who publish the names & addresses of clinic staff online. Then cry that they weren't wishing any harm to come to those people. {{{shudder}}}

PSA, you're following your bliss -- that you're able to do it while building up an impressive artistic CV is icing on the cake, and something that eludes most people.

Ti-Guy said...

Lordy. The Rosshole really is psychotic. Get the wet sheets...

Red Tory said...

The egregious Mr. Ross is beneath contempt; something he insists on verifying with tiresome regularity.

thwap said...

Hey PSA,

I wasn't too concerned when the Rosshole typed your real name. It was also revealed in one of your early posts here as a co-blogger.

If he's crowing that it was detective work, you're right, he's reaching.

Keep us updated on your music project.

Unknown said...

PSA, this is an abomination.

But at the same time, we can laugh. This is the best that that intellectual giant can come up with? THIS is his victory? To discover the name of someone whose name was already mentioned on this blog before?

What a man. Cock o' the walk, alright. Strutting around with his chest stuck out. Reeeeeeeal impressive. ::yawn::

Gotta love the intellectual acumen and staggering accomplishments of the Cons, huh?

Rev.Paperboy said...

Hmmm....lets see, I live on the other side of the world and I've seen you in a major motion picture (.45) and I eagerly await the chance to purchase your collection of original music.
What exactly has Patrick Ross ever done in term of creative endevours or anything else that I should be impressed with? I mean aside from setting coming third in the Canadian Fuckwittery championship to Evans and Patels?

Lindsay Stewart said...

if we are judged by the company we keep, i ain't doing too bad. thanks all. hey rev, if you read this would you drop me a line at wobbledog@hotmail.com i have something i'd like to discuss. oooh, mystery.

Niles said...

What gets me is that those stuck on 'outing' pseudonymous persons seem to think this will somehow strike a 'telling blow' to the influence said persons are wielding in the chat sphere. I mean, unless said target is misrepresenting themselves as an authority on some subject matter (ie: lawyer, phd, etc) using false credentials, what's the point, unless it's to give the 'brownshirts' of the extreme followers fringe more detailed directions?

Given the history of pseudonyms in the op-ed sphere of public discourse, (Mark Twain being but one example) this focus is just weird. Mind, every time I read PSA, I hearken back to media jargon and think Public Service Announcement. Sometimes I think it quite appropriate to what cc and psa vent here.

Saskboy said...

Wow. I wonder if Ross will unmask me next. That'll take all of 1 minute, and blow my superduper cover.

KEvron said...

and rosshole continues his downward spiral into self-obsession. kinda fun!

every chance i get, i hit him with "fuck ww and her grief!", not because i subscribe to the sentiment (i'm rather indifferent about the woman, really; cc made a good case wrt her emotional blackmail, but i wouldn't have reacted as strenuously as he did. not that i object to his reaction; like i said, i'm indifferent), but as an act of solidarity, to demonstrate to rosshole that he cannot hope to stifle rhetoric with intimidation tactics.

heh! in his post about me, he refers to my comment "someone outta taser the fuck ww and her grief!" outrageous, sure, but that was by7 design: i'd made that comment on his blog, where he has insisted that he deletes my comments without having read them. sure you do, twatrick. sure you do. lol!

KEvron

KEvron said...

eesh! boring correction (and for rosshole's benefit): "someone ought to taser the fuck outta ww and her grief!"

KEvron

Dr.Dawg said...

Y'know there must be something to the conception, in some cultures, of a "secret name," the disclosure of which renders one vulnerable to one's enemies. This obsession with "outing" is curious.

There's a fellow on a conservative blog who signals his moutning discontent with me my using my real name. I once asked him flat-out why he thought this was, I dunno, punishment or something, when I've never concealed my real name. He mumbled something about using it when I (allegedly) use ad hominem. Colour me confused. But also, as a budding anthropologist, really interested.

Lindsay Stewart said...

you got me dawg. seems like the repetition of the real name is some powerful cudgel to be wielded with wrath and indignation. and by the way dr. d, according to his follow-up you are now on the most hated list over here. the funny thing about all of this name stuff is that i don't give a crap. the use of my name doesn't and won't effect my life. but patrick's online behaviour will very possibly impact his future job prospects as employers increasingly snoop the net to check out their prospects. i'd hate to have to explain serial stalking in a job interview. whatta douche.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Speaking on behalf of douches everywhere, I demand an apology for being compared to the the Rosshole!

Dr.Dawg said...

you are now on the most hated list over here

Well, sheesh, how'd that happen? You just never know who your friends are. :)