Wednesday, August 30, 2006

When parody fails utterly.


It is physically not possible for me to ingest enough hallucinogens to comment intelligently on this:

By far one of my favorite political personalities is United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld. The old warhorse is revered by US military personnel, ...

And no, I didn't read any further. Believe me, that was enough.

AFTERTHOUGHT: It is possible that I've been punk'd again and that that article is pure parody. That would make a lot more sense than trying to believe that someone wrote it in all seriousness.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slightly OT, but speaking of a government where "order" and "good" mean nothing:

$450 million slush fund for Bush from the Softwood Lumber Agreement, just in time for the US midterms.

I know that $450 million is mind-boggling, but Bush has already done plenty of mind-boggling things, and reading the text of the agreement and the commentary from knowledgeable people persuades me that there's a prima facie case for the administration to answer.

"The terms of the Softwood Lumber Agreement with Canada will give Bush complete control of an escrow account with $450 million in it, controlled by a board that Bush appoints, and which can be used for any purpose whatever, with no Congressional oversight."

CC said...

lambert:

You'll notice that the Prog Bloggers of Canada are all over that story like Michael Jackson on a 12-year-old.

kootcoot said...

CC, I'm momentarily speechless, the headline IS NOT PARODY. This guy (or other options) really, really likes Rummy Dummy and thinks his wisdom skewers them stooopid journalist types like flies. I save sites like Celestial Junk for those times when I really, really, really, I mean really am desperate for a laugh. Like after attending funerals of friends for 11 days in a row and then watching Stephen Harper sworn in as Prime Minister of Canada! My heart weeps!

Rev.Paperboy said...

I did read past the first sentence and I don't think its a parody, I think the guy really is that dumb.

totally OT, but being in California you might not have seen the new "Yale Shmale" recruiting campaign for Lakehead University that features Dubya.

http://kevinswoodshed.blogspot.com/2006/08/edjemacation-president-from-toronto.html