Thursday, September 10, 2020

$100 bounty related to Ezra Levant's fundraising "matching" claim.

As with my previous blog post, I am offering a cash bounty, this time bumped up to $100 (CAD), payable via Interac transfer to the e-mail address of your choice. This bounty relates to Ezra Levant's assurance(s) from back in 2016 that all donations to his ego-driven boutique Indiegogo fundraiser for the Fort McMurray Red Cross would be turned over in time for both federal and provincial matching -- an assurance that went hideously wrong.

Rather than recap all of that deception and failure here, I will refer you to the two-part evisceration of that claim (and make sure you come back afterwards to learn about the bounty):

As you can see (and has been confirmed by the Red Cross so there is absolutely no dispute), despite both Ezra Levant and Faith Goldy assuring all donors that their donations would be matched, Ezra fell spectacularly short in handing over donations by the hard deadline of May 31, 2016, thereby screwing Fort Mac out of over $120,000.

Let's be clear -- that happened, there is no dispute, and Ezra has subsequently admitted to it.

Sort of.

By that, I mean that (as I demonstrated in my two-part series on this topic), Ezra very subtlely, kind of admitted to the shortfall but tried to spin it as some sort of victory, rather than the monumentally expensive, hubris-powered clusterfuck it was. So here's what I'm after, and how you can collect that $100.

I want any example of Ezra, since that 2016 fundraiser, admitting publicly as to how much he cost the Red Cross by his narcissistic shenanigans. I'm not interested in weaselly admissions that most of the money got matched, or the majority got matched, or what have you. I'll pay $100 if someone can produce a public admission anywhere by Ezra Levant that he boned the Fort Mac Red Cross up the ass to the tune of over $120,000 simply because he wanted to look like a hero.

That is your mission, and it's how you collect your $100; leave answers in the comments section. And check back regularly for more bounties, because there's going to be a bunch of them.

BONUS TRACK: I would be remiss in not reminding one and all that, during his October 2016 questioning of me, Ezra's lawyer bullshitted me totally, insisting that full matching had occurred, even though Ezra had already openly conceded in his Statement of Claim (and elsewhere) that it had not.


No comments: