Thursday, October 25, 2007

Right-wing humour, as it were.


Backseat Blogger has his conservative drinking buds rolling in the aisle:

The dangers of outsourcing

I was feeling a bit depressed the other day, so I called the suicide hotline.

I didn’t realize they had gone offshore to save a few bucks and I was transferred to their “call center” in Pakistan.

I explained that I was feeling suicidal.

They became very excited at this news and wanted to know if I could drive a truck or fly an airplane.

Tune in tomorrow when BB takes a whack at autistic children, burn victims and Iraqi war orphan double amputees because, well, he does know his audience, doesn't he?

2 comments:

E in MD said...

Actually I dunno. I must be an evil Bushie. I thought it was kinda funny in an incredibly racist and insensitive way.

Mike said...

The real irony is that, completely unintentionally I'm sure, BB makes a salient point about suicide bombing - suicide bombers are motivated because they are suicidal, not because they are 'teh Muslims'.

A lot of recent studies (one out of the University of Chicago that I can't find the link to at the moment) shows that nearly all suicide bombers are already suicidal and manipulated into action by others, who provide help and weapons. They are motivated by the desire to die AND the desire to fight against a foreign occupation (perceived or real) and are usually armed and cojolled by handlers. Most ate NOT motivated by religion.

Thats BB for such an enlighten take on suicide bombing...too bad your anti-Muslim bigotry got in the way.