Friday, November 09, 2007

I need a word more contemptuous than "deluded".


Um ... wow. I mean, just, wow:

Conservative blogging in Canada rocks!

The results of the 2007 Weblog Awards are in, and the the [sic] slavishly obedient, mouth-breathing freepers people have made it clear. In Canada, conservative blogging is tops!

Here are the results of the 2007 Blog Awards in the Best Canadian Blog category:


  • Small Dead Animals

  • Raymitheminx

  • Five Feet of Fury

  • Angry in the Great White North

  • ...


In celebration of my lock on fourth, I've rolled out a new version of my banner. Actually, I'm teaching myself how to use Adobe Illustrator, but heck, the timing was just right.

Congratulations to everyone who was selected out of the scores of nominations to stand as examples of the best Canadian blogging has to offer. And thanks to everyone who thought I was the best of the best. I appreciated each and every vote.

And on a partisan note, I can't help but notice that the four of the top five spots were handily won by representatives of Canada's conservative blogging community.

Yes, Steve, these awards were all about quality. After all, how can you object to an awards contest that bestows that kind of recognition on a pathological liar and bigot, followed (in third place) by a screeching, racist hatemonger? And, hey, nothing says quality bloggy goodness like an obsession with toothpaste and Cindy Sheehan's bodily fluids. Oh, and saying things so stupid and libelous, you get sued for it. That, too.

Congrats, Steve. In terms of pure batshit craziness and an utter lack of grip on reality, you've now entered SUZANNE-level territory. I didn't think that was even possible but, what the heck, you can still surprise.

11 comments:

Red Tory said...

Oh my god, I never read through that whole post! LOL. What a wanker. Long may his banner be an execrable piece of shit.

Excuse me while I go find my "graphic design diploma"... Bah, ha, ha, ha!

Balbulican said...

From Balbulican's Fourth Volume of Aphorisms: NEVER brag about being part of ANY list that begins with the words "Best Of..." that includes Canadian Sentinel as an option.

Unknown said...

"batshit craziness and an utter lack of grip on reality"

"awards contest that bestows that kind of recognition on a pathological liar"

Just like Al Gore getting a nobel peace prize for a film Joseph Goebbels would be proud of.

Got it. Fuck awards.

Ti-Guy said...

No, I don't think you got it. But keep trying, li'l feller.

Balbulican said...

Now if Steve had showcased his tits, he might have beaten Raymi.

Unknown said...

"No, I don't think you got it. But keep trying, li'l feller."

Sour grapes at the right and tits taking the awards??? Am I getting warm.

¢rÄbG®äŠŠ said...

All that one needs to know about this is that there was some sort of vote (early and often) taken over some period of time to measure something or other, and whatever it was that was being measured, Raymi the Minx was second and Steve was 4th and is beaming over it.

I can't wait for next year.

Balbulican said...

"Sour grapes at the right and tits taking the awards??? "

Sour grapes? Good grief. Hilarity, I think, comes closer.

Any way you look at it...whether Janke or Raymi...it was all about boobs.

Balbulican said...

After that last remark, I thought I'd do a round of the losers and see what they were saying. And of course, when you're talking losers, Canadian Sentinel has got to be there.

Here's a hilarious exchange between Scenty and one of his long-time fans:

"I fear I am not too savy concerning computers, for I went to the page and was unable to find the place to vote. I would appreciate a bit more information on where it is. Thanks."
Alain | 11.04.07 - 9:29 pm | #


"Actually, Alain, the big, blue words, "vote here" is the link to the page. On the page is a big box with the finalists and radio buttons. You click your pick with the appropriate radio button. Real easy."
Canadian Sentinel | Homepage | 11.05.07 - 5:04 am | #


"And not even one for jerks like Canadian Cynic or Martin Rayner (Red Tory). Proof again: brainless lefty/commie blogs don't get far in life."
Werner Patels (THE SPADE) | Homepage | 11.06.07 - 1:18 pm |

People still say "commie"? Good heavens.

Ti-Guy said...

Did Wiener get nominated?

I didn't pay any attention to these awards this year. With Raymi and Sentinel in the running, I got more satisfaction from licking out a toilet bowl.

Balbulican said...

"Did Wiener get nominated?"

Which one?