Friday, September 29, 2006

Just when you think they can't get any stupider ...


Via Alison, we learn of Rona Ambrose's new Chief of Staff, one Darrel Reid, who has an amusing perspective on church and state:

"I think every Christian's under an obligation to change laws to reflect biblical values."

Fuckin' A, dude. And I think this would be a fine place to start. The Criminal Code of Canada has absolutely no idea what's coming, does it?

HOT DAMN ... CHEAP LABOUR. You have to like this part:

'When you purchase a Hebrew slave, his service will last for six years.'

All right ... where do I buy me one of those Jew boys? And to think I've been paying for a maid service all this time. Although I'm not sure about this next part:

'But if the slave says to you, "I do not want to leave you," because he loves you and your family, and is well off with you, then you must take an awl and drive it through the slave's ear and into the door. He will be your servant forever.'

Um, yeah. Except for being a bit hard of hearing, so you'll have to speak up, know what I mean?

2 comments:

Alison said...

CC, you can't just be cherry-picking your way through the Brick Testament like that, choosing only the parts that appeal to you.
What about some mention of important biblical tips on upcoming legislative issues like homosexuality and when to stone your children?

M@ said...

Won't someone think of the seafood buffet?