Friday, February 17, 2023

Chronicles of Twatrick: Happy (early) interestversary!

Yes, it's a couple days early but since the upcoming 19th is a Sunday, I thought I'd remind everyone that it is now a full year and a half that undischarged bankrupt and garnishment fugitive Patrick Ross was told by a Saskatchewan court that he owed me over $100,000, and that that amount was now increasing at five per cent per year:



That outstanding amount went down slightly due to the Saskatchewan sheriffs managing to forcibly extract a few thousand dollars from Patrick's credit union account but, as you can see, what Patrick owes me is increasing inexorably and will continue to do so, month after month and year after year.

I have plans for Patrick this year but I am going to keep them to myself for now. I have already mentioned that I have a Saskatchewan garnishment order against Patrick but, as he is currently employed in Alberta, it can't be enforced; it also means he can't return to Saskatchewan for work since that order would kick in immediately so one and all are invited to keep me posted on whether it appears Patrick is suddenly working back in Saskatchewan.

In the end, Patrick has been running from his legal and financial responsibilities for over a decade and, while he might look on this as some sort of victory, it's safe to say this is not a long-term sustainable lifestyle, especially if Patrick assumes he is going to inherit his father's Lloydminster property when the time comes (note: he won't).

That's it for now -- check back in a month for any new developments.

UPPITY DATE, FEB 17: I see no harm in letting people in on this latest development. Some time ago, and pursuant to my collection efforts against Patrick Ross, I directed the Saskatchewan sheriffs to serve Patrick with a voluntary financial questionnaire, wherein Patrick would list his assets, employment, salary and stuff like that there. Given that that questionnaire was voluntary, it will surprise absolutely no one that Patrick replied with nothing.

This morning, given Patrick's failure to reply to that first questionnaire, I have instructed the sheriffs to proceed to the next phase, which involves a mandatory questionnaire, and herein lies the difference.

Whereas there are no consequences for blowing off that first questionnaire, as I read it, ignoring this second one is a really, really bad idea, in that the consequences quite possibly involve uniformed folks showing up at Patrick's residence and seizing things like property and financial documents that would be relevant to my collection efforts. This might be awkward since, as Patrick refuses to disclose where he lives or works these days and lists as an address for service his father's residence in Lloydminster, that is almost certainly where the sheriffs would show up to start taking stuff.

In any event, Patrick is in the process of being served with the mandatory questionnaire and, since I already have substituted service for him, it is unnecessary for me to track him down -- service will involve simply e-mail and a registered letter. And if Patrick does not reply fully and completely within a limited time, well, there's phase three. And if it gets that far, it will be unpleasant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heads-up, in Twatsy's hubris- He posted an album purchase from a grande prairie music store quite in the last few days.

CC said...

Anon: I've seen that as I have a number of people keeping track of Patrick in terms of where he works, where he travels and what he is spending his money on. And all of those discretionary purchases (CDs, rock concerts, rodeo events) are going to come back to bite him in his pasty ass when he has to justify them.