Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stephen Taylor's Blogging Tories: Rape is good.


Now, in all fairness, none of them actually came right out and said that. But, oddly, as far as I can tell, not one of them has come out and explicitly condemned this. And, if memory serves, it wasn't that long ago that one of the Idiotsphere's yappy little poodles was prancing around CC HQ, taking the position that, if you don't directly condemn something, that must mean you implicitly approve of it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember something like that. I don't need to mention any names but, what the hell, if that's the position he wants to take, I can't wait for him to now publicly accuse all of Stephen Taylor's Blogging Tories of being pro-rape.

After all, that would be the consistent thing to do.

6 comments:

LuLu said...

Ahem ... IOKIYABT.

You're welcome, I'm sure.

Audrey II said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Audrey II said...

That binary level of understanding that manifests itself in the repeated employment of false-dilemma arguments extends well beyond the scope of Taylor's yipping and braying entourage*, but the sheer audacity of the manner and degree in which it's done without any internal integrity or introspection might be impressive if not so damning.

It's hard to have internal consistency when you subscribe to an ideology that is based on the notion that a particular moment in time (even something as nebulous as 'yesteryear') has magic merit. That's why so many of these "Binars" simultaneously claim subscription to "objective morality" while repeatedly justifying it with the relativism of divine command or nationalistic-ends-justify-the-means ethical frameworks.

*10,000 quatloos to the first hairstyle-that's-also-a-fish-reply that ironically illustrates the point by tossing the ol' "hypocrisy" bomb.

frank said...

Are you really THAT retarded cc?

mikmik said...

I thought I was wierd.
A consistent quasi-hypothetical that isn't based on time, per se, but post-hoc determinism while evading the discrepencies of ipso facto irreconcilabilities, is the foundation of binary recall.
The intermittant application of subjective determinismistic labelling opens quantum vastness which leaves definition up to the author.
I see this intuitively, but many calaiming insight are bogotten vastly overclaimed self knowledge.

Audrey II said...

Ick. ...Guess I completely deserved that.

I was having a simultaneous discussion in another thread and seem to have let it influence my above post. Sorry, and thanks for the shaming, Mik.

I guess what I was trying to say was, "They're Conservatives. They can't help but be inconsistent". ;)

Better?