Sunday, November 18, 2007

Damn ... what DID Werner do with those goalposts?


And despite Scott Tribe's best intentions, I'm forced to gift Canadian blogger cum journalist cum political pundit cum utter nutjob Weiner Pratfall one more orifice, just because no one deserves it more.

To recap, Weiner is a drooling racist -- we've already established that. But it's additionally depressing that he's a pathetic excuse for a journalist or pundit since he is incapable of getting right even the most basic facts.

It started here:

[Dziekanski] was not a regular traveller or tourist: he had come here as an immigrant. As such, it was his duty to learn English before coming to Canada.

a claim which I believe I put to rest back here. But when Weiner's on a roll, well, there's just no stopping the Whackjob Express, even when commenter "Dorothy" tries politely to correct him:

I don't believe that there is a law making knowledge of English mandatory for the new immigrants.

And if one (unlike the Big Weiner) had a clue, one might think, "Hmmmmm ... could that be right? I'd better check before I embarrass myself any further." But this is Weiner we're talking about, which precipitates his predictable reply:

But generally speaking, you're wrong, Dorothy: he was not a visitor but an immigrant, and according to the letter of our immigration rules and laws, speaking at least one of the two official languages is actually a requirement for immigrating to Canada (it's only because of the morons working at Immigration Canada who don't enforce the law -- in fact, they break it on a regular basis -- that we keep receiving immigrants who don't even meet the most fundamental of all requirements).

Weiner's commenters -- perhaps recognizing his failing grip on his fragile and over-burdened sanity -- continue to nudge him gently in the direction of reality:

Werner: I am not convinced by the argument that the man had an obligation to learn English before crossing the pond.

For good measure, commenter "Lulu" pipes up, hoping against hope that maybe Weiner will twig on the pattern here -- numerous people suggesting he's out to lunch:

Acording to CIC'c website, only people immigrating as "Skilled Workers and Professionals" require "knowledge of English or French". Mr. Dziekanski came to Canada via his mother's sponsorship (aka Family Sponsorship) which has no language requirement.

And, finally, Weiner clues in, at which point ... well, you can read the weaselly, evasive hilarity for yourself:

Which is why I think the family reunion category must be abolished for purely economic reasons (as I wrote not too long ago). Immigration is supposed to boost our economy and provide future pension funding, not rip ever bigger holes into our finances. We're a country, not a charity organization (and apart from that, charity must always begin at home).

Yes, by God, you read that right. Rather than admit he's been full of shit up to his eyeballs all this time, Weiner changes course and uses reality to attack the very concept of a Family Class visa. Because, as we all know, that's easier than 'fessing up to having been a total dink all this time and basing your argument on something you pulled out of your Patrick Ross-inhabited ass.

And never forget, this is the Big Weiner, whose slogan you can read on his masthead: "Telling it like it is." Except for the times when he tells it like it isn't. But I guess it's your job to be able to tell the difference.

Good luck with that.

GRATUITOUS BOOT TO THE NADS: And never forget that there are people who actually contemplate whether or not to take the Big Weiner seriously. Somehow, the word "creepy" doesn't begin to do that justice, does it?

NOW I FEEL CHASTENED
: Apparently, all of my brilliant Weiner-oriented smackdown is just water off a duck's back. Or Patrick Ross' splooge off of Weiner's backside. Whatever metaphor grosses you out more.

10 comments:

thwap said...

This is a frustrated, sad, stupid litle man, who blurts out all the ugly, angry thoughts as they appear inside his skull.

And from that little episode, one can see that he lacks the chutzpa to make into the Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh level of calculated dishonesty and shamelessness.

To his credit, he acknowledged the truth of his critics and then made that lame, irrelevant argument to try to cover his tracks (that huge mess of blood and shit all over the floor), showing him to be, really, nothing but a weenie.

The sort of bone-stupid twerp/dweeb "Mad Magazine" would draw; beaten down at work, home, everywhere, and compensating with vicious, hateful racist, violent fantasies.

If the things he said weren't so goddamned vile I'd almost feel sorry for the creep.

thwap said...

"Scruffy Dan" is his imaginary friend from childhood. Weiner has transformed him into his bitch.

Sad really.

Scotian said...

Yep, classic WP all right. I remember when he first started pulling his change of political affiliations online way back when and I thought he was just someone out for attention and perhaps enjoying being a shit-disturber. These days I look back on those opinions as being overly generous to the man. That anyone takes him seriously let alone looks up to his writing/work speaks volumes for how disconnected from reality any such fan must be. While thankfully I only encounter him by proxy these days like when CC rips him a new orifice or he shows up somewhere usually in high dudgeon even that feels to be too much for comfort.

Still though it is nice to see him being kept an eye on and shown to be the quite unprofessional and quite frankly distasteful personality that he comes off as as well as often being less than intellectually rigorous in his work nor overly honest within it either from all I have seen. While it would be nice to simply think he is so far out to lunch he is safe to ignore ranting in his space, the last few decades have taught me much on the follies/dangers of doing so, witness the rise of movement conservativism and Straussianism from such a way of thinking by more "enlightened" folks that realized too late the dangers in their midsts in the USA and are way too close for my comfort to being too late in this country with Harper's CPC as a government.

Red Tory said...

“The Spade”... Is that the thing used to dig your own hole and then cover your tracks afterwards when it’s been shown that you’re a lying, racist sack of shit?

MgS said...

There's a grand bit of irony to that.

When I criticized the amazingly disappointing resumes I see trying to hire people in Calgary (and refuting his claim that there is no "personnel shortage in Calgary), he accused me of being a bigot or a racist.

What an ass.

LuLu said...

Sweet tap dancing Jesus, I tried. I went over there and I made an informed, polite argument (which almost killed me, btw) and what did I get? More Weiner-weaseling ...

Heh. Weiner-weaseling. That's not bad, if I do say so myself. Regardless (gives head a shake) – there is no talking to the pathologically insane. I’m not quite sure how you do it, CC, but better you than me.

LuLu said...

Just because I’m incapable of letting an argument go (I’m just not wired that way), I went back to Weiner’s funhouse and posted the following comment around 9:30 (EST) this morning:

Whether or not you think the "family reunion category" should be abolished is entirely irrelevant. You made an incorrect statement regarding language requirements and then followed it up with a completely unfounded accusation that the customs officers were blatantly breaking the law. This was, of course, after making a lovely statement about people like that and, when you’re commenters actually called you on it, you backed off like a coward. But instead of leaving it at that, you then referred to Mr. Dziekanski as an animal at least 4 times, followed by a resounding Act like a fool, die like a fool.

Your lack of simple human compassion is beyond sad. My grandmother would say that this is a failing in your character, my Psych prof would say it’s an indication of classic sociopathic behaviour. I’m inclined to go with him. I hope you never find yourself in Mr. Dziekanski’s shoes because people like you would be the first to start screaming about police brutality. You know the whole “rights for me but not for thee” thing that conservatives seem to have going on …


And lo and behold …it’s disappeared as of 11:54am. Odd, don’t you think?

thwap said...

What a gutless piece of shit.

Thanks for delivering this evidence of his inhumanity.

To think, diaper-loads like Prattles are the ground troops of the whole right-wing revolution.

It's contemptible, stupid filth like him who were essential for the victory of these bankrupt ideas that now inspire Canada's present government.

Ti-Guy said...

My grandmother would say that this is a failing in your character, my Psych prof would say it’s an indication of classic sociopathic behaviour. I’m inclined to go with him.

No joke. For years now, he's been persistently grandiose, dishonest, witheringly critical, prone to rage when challenged, censorious and devious. He seems beyond rehabilitation. That's why he really should be ignored.

He has a serious personality disorder.

Oxford County Liberals said...

I had a visit from someone to my comments section of the post you linked to of mine - someone who I suspect was Werner judging from the IP address and the fact its hostname is similar to what he's been listing as his email address.

Of course, the person in question didn't leave a real email address, or a real handle, but it also fits Werner's MO, in that the user said that at least Werner didn't "sponge off the Canadian system like I did" - and Werner has said that of me in the past at his site and elsewhere.

I'm rather amused at this, because when I was laid off, I collected UI - as I was entitled to do from paying into the system and for working for so many years at the company that I did - yet somehow that got translated over there into collecting welfare. Thus, I was sponging off the system in Werner's mind.