Friday, October 07, 2005

DAMN those Spaniards and their devious ways.


First, America expressed its outrage with the fact that Spain was clearly appeasing the terrorists with the results of their election. On top of that, we have the American fury with Spain's approval of gay marriages.

But never turn your back on those sneaky foreigners, they know how to deal with criticism and get even when you least expect it. For instance, like this:

Four-time Vuelta a EspaƱa winner [and Spaniard] Roberto Heras has put the golden bicycle he used for his triumphant ride into Madrid this year up for auction on eBay's Spanish web site with hopes of raising money to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina in the U.S.

That sneaky, sneaky foreigner. Bastards, the lot of them.

1 comment:

alberto said...

It is funny how when you are out of Spain (as I am right now) you get a much clearer picture of what is the right thing to do. You know what, CC? I have decided that from now on, if some half-witted bible beater gives me any crap about how in Spain we are going to burn in hell (what's hell, anyway?), I will apply that old Spanish saying: "If you don't like it, you can go fuck yourself" (although I guess I need to clarify that fuck doesn't have such a heavy semantic load in Spanish and we use it much more leisurely).

By the way, I love your blog. If a decent percentage of Canadians think the way you do, I'm moving there as soon as I am done with school.

Alberto