And in a development that should shock everyone, lifetime bankrupt and massively-indebted Patrick Ross actually handed over the costs I was awarded for kicking his worthless lawsuit to the curb due to long delay.
P.S. I suspect that the reason Patrick actually handed over the costs was because he was represented by a lawyer who would have been seriously annoyed by a client who did not follow the court's order for costs.
8 comments:
What??? Has hell frozen over???
I believe the costs were "only" $1,000, but any idea why Twatsy complied with this particular order, after a decade of consistent noncompliance?
I take it he hasn't tried refiling it yet?
@ROD: possibly because he intends to file a new lawsuit and his lawyer has told him "pay it or you can expect your new lawsuit to be thrown out immediately"
His lawyer may have paid it out of his retainer, to make sure it really is paid promptly, then go after PR to collect.
Lawyers will never, ever, ever front the costs for their client. So I am assuming Patrick had to fork over $1,000 of his own money.
So if PR can come up with the money for costs, it seems logical he has money available. Are there any options to use that argument to find where the money is stashed, and collect on the outstanding judgement?
Anon @ 5:51 AM: It's unlikely I can use that fact to expedite any collection efforts. As I have explained over the years, if Patrick chooses to remain in bankruptcy for the rest of his life, there's not much I can do about that.
Post a Comment