[Greetings again, Pharynguloids. If you want to know what kind of shitstorm news coverage this begat, think "Larry Craig in a bathroom". Yeah, like that.]
You know, I've always wondered whether there was a right-wing position so indefensible, so appalling, so absolutely batshit crazy that even the Blogging Tories would finally pull up short, saying, "No, I don't think so. That's too stupid, even for us." And I believe we've finally found it.
God help us, even the usual Bible-thumping suspects have finally had enough.
halls of macadamia:
Sorry Mr Tory... I can't get behind this
Can't Vote for the Ontario PC's this time
The Atheist Jew:
John Tory Just Committed Political Suicide
The Atheist Conservative:
Tory promotes ID in Science class
The He-Man Woman Hater's Club:
China or Bust!: John Tory keeps digging
The Day John Tory lost the election
Congratulations, John Tory...
You know, with these signs of intelligent life over there, maybe -- just maybe -- I'll stop saying such snarky things about them.
You people are so gullible.
AND THEN THERE ARE THE AIRHEADS. Do I really need to explain how you end up in this column?
Several people seem to be upset about John Tory wanting intelligent design taught in a religion class in private religious schools that he wants to be funded publically. Let's just look at the numbers. According to the 2001 census only 16.2% of the people who answered the census identified themselves as no religion. How can alienating only 16.2% of the population be such a horrible set back?
How many of that 16% would have voted for him in the first place? Conversely, how many of the other 84% be more apt to vote for him? Surely much of that 84% are centrists. Besides, what else would you expect from private religious schools? How is this any different from the previous debate about funding private religious schools?
Who is preaching intolerance now?
Feel free to enumerate the logical atrocities in the above. Be concise. Be specific. Give examples.
P.S. We're not even remotely done with this clusterfuck. More to come.