Tuesday, November 01, 2005

The mystery of the missing smackdown. Dun dun dun duhhhhh ...


(Side note to regular readers: Since I'm sure America's Dumbest Wanker™ has no interest in resolving this and most likely hopes to just quietly forget about it as he does with all of his posted idiocies, I've decided to follow up. I have no idea how this will shake out but let's just see where this leads and let the chips fall where they may.

I have e-mailed the two relevant parties with a link to this post, and I will make sure I post all responses in their entirety so there is no disagreement over context.)

Open letter

To:
Newsbusters Executive Editor Matthew Sheffield (msheffield@newsbusters.org)
Newsbusters Contributing Editor John Armor (john_armor@aya.yale.edu)

Sirs:

I'm writing to clarify why a post written by Mr. Armor vanished without explanation from the newsbusters.org site recently. As you can see, if you follow this link, there is no content at that URL. But there was clearly something there, as at least one blogger had a prior link to that page before it vanished.

Luckily, Google cache managed to grab a copy of that page before its removal, and you can see the cached content here.

When a web site simply deletes a web page that others may have already linked to, it's considered bad form to just leave that page blank with no explanation whatever as to the reason for its removal. (I note that a link on that cached page to a page at Free Republic has suffered the same fate -- complete deletion with no explanation.)

Can you explain the rationale behind the unexplained and mysterious removal of that page? You might also want to CC blogger "Jinx McHue" at jinxmchue@juno.com, since he was one of the bloggers you left looking quite foolish after that page deletion. Thanks very much, I'm looking forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,
Canadian Cynic (canadiancynic@yahoo.ca)

P.S. You can either e-mail me directly at the address above, or leave a note in the comments section. Either way works for me.

No comments: