Staying on topic with Stephen Harper's gutting of Canada's navy, we have, over at this CBC story, one of Little Stevie's perky attack poodles with his massive man crush spilling over:
And then there's reality:
The Harper Conservatives’ failed record on the Arctic:
• They broke their 2006 election promise to build three armed icebreakers by cancelling two of them and failing to deliver on the remaining one;
• There has been no progress on much-needed plans to build new fixed-wing search-and-rescue aircraft for Canada, jeopardizing the safety of Canadians and our military while failing to live up to international obligations to work together on Arctic search and rescue;
• There is still no deep water dock facility – all they’ve done is change its planned location from Iqaluit to Nanisivik;
• They terminated the procurement process for new ice-strengthened naval resupply ships;
• No new coast guard patrol vessels have been built after the government cancelled their own procurement process; and
• They failed to increase Canadian Ranger numbers from 4,100 to 5,000.
Are we done here? Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're done here. Attack poodle epic fail.