Saturday, May 01, 2010

Oh, man, that is a kneeslapper.


Blogging Tory humour, Hunter-wise:

This was nominated for best joke of the year.

A Somali arrives in Vancouver as a new immigrant to Canada. He stops the first person he sees walking down the street and says ... 'Thank you Mr. Canadian for letting me in this country, giving me housing, money for food, free medical care, free education and no taxes!'

The passerby says, 'You are mistaken, I am Mexican.'

The man goes on and encounters another passerby. ' Thank you for having such a beautiful country here in Canada !'
The person says, 'I not Canadian, I Vietnamese.'

The new arrival walks further, and the next person he sees he stops, shakes his hand and says, 'Thank you for the wonderful Canada !'

That person puts up his hand and says, 'I am from Middle East , I am not Canadian !'
He finally sees a nice lady and asks, 'Are you a Canadian ?'
She says , 'No, I am from Africa !'
Puzzled, he asks her, 'Where are all the Canadians ?'
The African lady checks her watch and says ...'Probably at work'

In unrelated news, the Blogging Tories are outraged -- outraged, I say -- by pollster Frank Graves' suggestion that the Stephen Harper Party of Canada seems to provide a "haven" for people with homophobic or xenophobic views. Why, the nerve! Where does he get such ridiculous ideas?

13 comments:

double nickel said...

Did she crib that from the latest Reader's Digest?

CC said...

I'm guessing it was from the latest issue of "White Power Today," or whatever the BTs are reading these days.

Jim Parrett said...

I heard that joke a decade ago. It's positively ancient. It's the new century for most of us - apparently not for these slugs.

Romantic Heretic said...

It's not even the present millennium for them. They're still pissed about the Magna Carta.

Anonymous said...

They're not just pissed about the Magna Carta. I hear some of them are pissed about this new-fangled thing called "demo-cracy" that recently became a fad in some Greek cities.

thwap said...

The reason "Hunter" likes those jokes is because she's stupid.

The reason she posts them on her blog is because she's stupid.

The reason she's a Blogging Tory is because they're all stupid.

Unknown said...

"Why, the nerve! Where does he get such ridiculous ideas?"

Reality?

Metro said...

Couldn't be, Wayne. As Colbert says, "Reality has a known liberal bias."

The reality most tory types appear to inhabit is a little Dyson ring whirling handily about the inside of their overheated heads.

CC said...

I'm going to leave that last comment by Wayne up there, since I suspect he has no idea what he just admitted.

Luna said...

My father-in-law sent my husband that "joke" a few weeks ago. It is to my immense credit that the man hasn't burst into flames. Because I'm pretty sure I could do that to him with my mind given how pissed off I am.

Oh, and "fuck off Wayne"
(someone had to say it!)

Sir Falstaff said...

That last link seems to be broken.

Dr.Dawg said...

Wayne appears to be broken.

Unknown said...

No Dawg, I've been repaired.