Sunday, June 21, 2009

My blog, my rules, yadda yadda yadda.


Shorter weaselly wankers: "Given that it's my blog, I have the right to run it any way I want, including posting ignorant, sexist, racist and libelous and defamatory swill, scientifically illiterate nonsense or just plain eliminationism, then dealing with feedback by, perhaps, not allowing comments at all, or moderating them and being deliciously selective about who gets their say and accidentally dropping others on the floor, or editing comments to misrepresent their contents, or maybe inviting feedback only to jerk people around by turning on moderation without warning when things get uncomfortable, followed by banning people who don't agree with me and describing as "trolls" anyone with the effrontery to show up and try to engage me intellectually, dredging up irrelevant two-year-old slights to discredit someone's opinion, denigrating perfectly reasonable contributors as "sock puppets" simply because of how they arrived at my blog, perhaps culminating in referring to any critics as "stupid lefty retards, HA HA" or something similar and responding to any reasoned, thoughtful and nuanced analysis of my position with, "LOL! ROTFL! OMFG, sweet Jesus, Oh dear Lord!!!!", then claiming "victory!" and cutting off any further discussion just as I'm getting my ass handed to me on a plate. And maybe even dropping the whole damned thing down the memory hole when no one's looking because it made me look like an utter twatwaffle and I don't feel like ever apologizing, retracting or correcting the record after it turns out I've been a horrific dumbshit and all those critics were right after all. Because it's my blog and I can run it ANY WAY I WANT!!1!11!1"

"On the other hand, someone else on their own blog calling me an "ignorant douchebag" is completely and totally unacceptable behaviour. That shouldn't be allowed."

8 comments:

Balbulican said...

Oooh, Goody. Another game - match the dimwit dismissal with the appropriate Blogging Tory?

Dr.Dawg said...

This seems to be a conflation of Ross, Hunter, Neo and SUZANNE. Am I wrong?

LuLu said...

That's a shorter? I think we might need to discuss this, CC ...

Balbulican said...

You missed the whiff of Shaidle, I think, with the slightest soupcon of Darcy.

Dr.Dawg said...

And, come to think of it, a dash of Scenty.

Soup of the evening. Beautiful soup.

The Artful Nudger said...

Also the late and unlamented Raging Tory, may his keyboard grow spiderwebs and dustbunnies.

Rev.Paperboy said...

Yes, blogging tories can run their own blogs any douchebaggy way they want. And we can use our blogs to mock them for it, oh yes we can.

CC said...

No, Rev, we can't. Because that would constitute trolling, or a vicious attack, or harassment, or misogyny, or stalking, or ... well, you get the idea. It would be wrong. When we do it.