Friday, November 04, 2005

Dear Indiana: Welcome to Pennsylvania.


All you educated Hoosiers might want to gird your loins for this impending attack of stupidity:

The battle over creationism in public schools is heading for Indiana, as lawmakers there prepare to submit a bill to mandate the teaching of intelligent design there.

As an aside, while we can poke fun at the Americans over this, I'm assuming that my regular readers (both of you) will let me know if similar idiocy starts to sprout on this side of the border so we can deal with it in short order.

(I'm sure there's some low-key activity in other areas of the country, but I don't worry a whole lot about it raising its ugly, anti-intellectual head around these parts, what with attack prof Jeff Shallit over at the U. of Waterloo undoubtedly just itching for that kind of scrap.

Bringing that kind of crap into Jeff's neighbourhood would be like walking into a biker bar with a t-shirt saying, "Your bike's ugly, and so is your girlfriend." "HEY! What the %^@$#*& are you saying about my bike!?!?")

3 comments:

M@ said...

I'm hoping some moron gives it a go. I'd love to jump in on the denouncing, but I think I'd just end up making some popcorn and watching Jeff Shallit go after 'em.

Anonymous said...

How do you gird your loins?

CC said...

I'm not actually sure but, when you figure it out, you might want to explain it right-wing, fake journalist Jeff Gannon here.

WARNING: Definitely not workplace safe but, I'm guessing, loin-friendly.