Saturday, May 08, 2010

And as for you fancy-pants, educated folks and everything ...


And you thought "Fahrenheit 451" was just a good read:

Woman: [Shouts] “Burn the books!” [applause]

Man: “I don’t think you were serious about that, were you?”

Woman: “I am too.”

Man: “Burn all the books?!”

Woman: “The ones in college, those, those brainwashing books.”

Man: “[laughs] Brainwashing books?”

Woman: “Yes.”

Man: “Which ones are those?”

Woman: “Like, the evolution crap, and, yeah...”

Did anyone else just envision a world full of "Hunter"s?

2 comments:

Renee said...

I've always been happy to clutter up my brain by reading books. I wouldn't let anybody wash it now that it's been so lived-in for so long. But that woman does make my brain feel dirty - just not in the way that she thinks.

Romantic Heretic said...

Aaaand…the video is gone! For 'terms of use violation.'

Apparently the Cult of Beck doesn't want the public at large to discover how utterly authoritarian they are.