Monday, March 01, 2010

Thank Christ that's over.


If I ever hear that wretched paean to juvenile emotionalism and shallow, heart-tugging vacuity, "I Believe," again, it will be about 50 billion years too soon.

Now shut up and put on some "Talking Heads."

P.S. Please, for the love of Mutt, stop telling me about how we won a "record" number of medals. Of course we did, given the recent introduction of such faux competitions as the mixed, giant, halfpipe, aerial, slalom sno-ski-cross team relay and ridiculous rubbish like that.

It's not a real sport unless the winners get to kill and eat the losers. Which explains why I'm so intrigued by the biathlon. Hey ...

6 comments:

liberal supporter said...

The "I believe" stuff didn't bother me at all. I'm not buying the apparel though.

My pet peeve was the incessant use of "medal" as a verb. Canada medaled in hockey. However it seems this usage has been known for 30 years so my rant is somewhat moot.

Gube said...

Here here, CC. I'll stand by my belief that The Great Curve, Once in a Lifetime, and Houses in Motion are among the best three songs in a row in existence.

The Seer said...

Do we get top eat the losers in Afghanistan? Or was that what prorogation was about?

Gene Rayburn said...

Okay who gave the Seer key to the liquor cabinet before noon?

liberal supporter said...

It's five o'clock somewhere.

jim said...

Uh, I think it probably helps a bit when you won't let the US teams practise on the courses they're going to have to compete on, too.

Yes, we've met the standard that mature modern nations live by - we can ratfuck our way to glory with the best of them.

0 Canada.