Here at CC HQ, we like to poke fun at Stephen Taylor's Blogging Tories, mostly because they're a hideous collection of bigots, misogynists, hypocrites and scientific illiterates who have absolutely nothing original to say and whose sole function in the Canadian blogosphere is to act as an unofficial conduit for Conservative Party of Canada propaganda and talking points. But there comes a point when you finally see them for the unprincipled, hateful, useless, two-faced hacks that they are.
Meet Abousfian Abdelrazik.
Let's make a long story short. Abdelrazik:
- is a Canadian citizen,
- originally went abroad to Sudan to visit his ailing mother,
- was arrested, jailed and tortured,
- was eventually released, whereupon Sudanese officials admitted that they had no evidence he had done anything wrong,
- was officially cleared by both RCMP and CSIS,
- only wants to return to Canada to get back to his family.
Are you with me so far? Good. Now let's summarize a few more things. The current Conservative Party of Canada:
- has absolutely no evidence that Abdelrazik has done anything wrong,
- knows that the RCMP and CSIS have cleared him of any wrongdoing,
- originally applied to the UN to get Abdelrazik off of its travel blacklist, but has since stopped trying,
- originally promised to get him an emergency passport if he could find an airline willing to fly him home, then reneged on that promise,
- then promised to get him an emergency passport if he could produce a paid ticket, then reneged on that promise,
- claimed that they couldn't fly him home because of the UN blacklist, which is a lie since regulations explicitly allow for the exception of a country returning one of its own citizens to home soil,
- demanded that Abdelrazik, with a single week's notice, find some way to remove himself from the UN blacklist, for which they offered him no assistance whatsoever,
- cruelly waited until two hours before his flight before denying him his emergency passport, because he was still on the UN blacklist, and
- refuse to acknowledge that a Canadian citizen has a constitutional right to return to Canada.
Which brings us to the useless, unprincipled pieces of shit that are Canada's Blogging Tories, because let's sum up what Canada's conservatives are all about.
These are folks who claim to stand up for stuff like law and order. And democracy. And freedom. And family. And standing up for Canadians. And keeping your promises. And not lying. Really, they never shut the hell up about how they're all about the law and order and freedom and family and standing up for Canadians and keeping your promises and not lying, which would suggest that they would be all over this situation like stink on cheese, demanding that their government do something about this, and return an innocent Canadian citizen to his family.
And yet ... and yet ... the silence is awesome, isn't it? The same people who never stop yapping about law and order and family and children and freedom and democracy and standing up for Canadians and keeping your promises and not lying don't give a shit about Abdelrazik. Actually, it's worse than that -- most of them think this is just a hoot. But, at this point, should we be surprised any more?
At this point, I think we can all agree that Stephen Taylor's Blogging Tories are the biggest collection of lying, racist hypocrites imaginable, mouthing delightful platitudes all day long, then discarding their principles at the drop of a hat. And lead useless hypocrite and unprincipled douchebag would be, of course, Blogging Tory co-founder Stephen Taylor, who clearly delights in his position as a "fellow" at the Manning Centre for Building Democracy even as he bends democracy over a table and bones it up the ass.
One can peruse Taylor's blog without finding a single reference to Abdelrazik. On the other hand, Taylor really wants you to know how he's on the job, interviewing people and posting the subsequent videos. Because that's how "democracy" works in Taylor's world: dark-skinned Canadian citizens can rot overseas for years, while Taylor hobnobs with cool people at conferences and takes pictures of himself.
Really, is there anything more to say here? Given his situation, Abousfian Abdelrazik would seem to have been an issue custom-made for Canada's conservatives who, God help us, never, ever, ever shut the fuck up about how they're all about law and order and family and freedom and democracy and keeping your promises and not lying to people and, above all, standing up for Canadians. But when presented with a situation involving every single one of those issues, they make it clear they couldn't possibly care less.
Pieces of shit, the lot of them. With Stephen Taylor being the biggest piece of shit in the bunch.
Then again, you kind of knew that already, didn't you?
THE INEVITABLE IRONY: As commenter "Adam C" suggested on an earlier post:
This is going to cost us all a lot of money when Abdelrazik gets back and sues us.
And I'm guessing Abdelrazik will have a fairly solid case, since the current government (and, to some extent, the previous Liberal government) clearly violated Abdelrazik's rights according to the Canadian Charter to be able to, as a Canadian citizen, enter Canada.
And that will be the ultimate irony since you know that, when that happens, all of Stephen Taylor's racist Blogging Tories will immediately start whining about how those filthy, black immigrants from foreign countries are just taking advantage of Canada and ripping off Canadian taxpayers. You know, like that other filthy foreigner, Maher Arar.
Yes, I guarantee that what you'll see is the entire BT collective, having gleefully celebrated in denying Abousfian Abdelrazik his fundamental rights as a Canadian Citizen under the Charter, suddenly howling as to how unfair it is that Abdelrazik wants to hold someone accountable for that violation. In short, Canada's ignorant, racist wanks want dearly to strip someone of their basic rights, but not be held accountable for it afterwards.
It's kind of the way they operate.