Friday, April 17, 2009
Shall we play?
You know the drill.
1) Favourite black comedy and why.
2) Favourite television show from your childhood and why.
3) And, just to change things up, favourite cookie.
1) The oh-so delightful Fargo from the deliciously and intelligently bent Coen Brothers -- it’s the perfect blend of mayhem, murder and completely off-beat hilartity. And Frances McDormand is beyond perfect as Marge, the hugely pregnant and astonishingly smart police chief.
2) Get Smart -- for far too many reasons to possibly describe. While it’s not exactly from my childhood -- it was in repeats by the time I started watching it -- I was crazy about that show. I had the distinct pleasure of introducing my baby boy to it when it was playing on YTV a few years ago.
3) I'm going to cheat since I actually have 2 -- my Irish grandmother’s homemade molasses ginger cookies and my nonna's pizzelle. My granny's cookies are chewy and rich and more than a little bit addictive and the pizzelle are thin and crisp and the perfect accompaniment to gelato.
Hmmmm ... it’s supposed to rain tomorrow. I think I might have to make a batch or three. ;-)