Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm not sure I can handle any more Blogging Tory stupid.


Finally, after eight long, ruthlessly secular years ...

Yes We Can ...

... say the G-word in public now!

... In his inaugural address yesterday, the new U. S. President made several references to God. He quoted Scripture, referred to “the God-given promise” of equality and freedom, spoke of America progressing “with eyes fixed on the horizon and God’s grace upon us” and, of course, ended with the traditional “God Bless America.”

We applaud this overt religiosity: What better way to encourage Americans’ public-spirited instincts than by appealing to the virtues preached by organized religion? But that’s us — the Bible-(or Torah-) thumpers on the National Post editorial board. What about the Canadian liberals whose love-in with Mr. Obama reached political climax yesterday?

Yeah, if I was a conservative, I'd be totally pissed with George Dubya's years of relentless suppression of public religious expression.

I can't believe I just typed that.

3 comments:

Ti-Guy said...

What an airhead.

Romantic Heretic said...

They really do live in a separate reality, don't they?

crf said...

I thought there was too much "I have a relationship with God, why don't I share it with all of you while I'm at this microphone" at Obama's ceremony.

So maybe I'll give the right in Canada (and who else writes in our media?) their shared support of god-bothering with Obama.

What I find more wretched is their incessant arguments that Stephen Harper has anything else in common with Obama.