Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gosh, Sara, you say "nanny state" like it's a good thing.


Curiously, Blogging Tory "Choice for Childcare" Sara is all about government intervention to help out the less fortunate:

The mother of an eastern Ontario girl who recovered from childhood cancer is lobbying the government to provide paid compassionate care leave to other parents whose children are very sick.

Sharon Ruth wants the issue to get some attention during the campaign for the Oct. 14 election.

I'm sorry, Sara ... when exactly did it become a Blogging Tory thing to suggest that government step in with a handful of my cash to help other parents raise their kids? Whatever happened to independence? And gritty self-reliance? And dissing government handouts? And relentlessly castigating the evil "nanny state?"

I'm thinking the good Sara and her evil twin might want to sit down for a chat. It appears they have some issues to work through.

1 comment:

Prole said...

I work hard for my money. If someone can't afford to stay home and care for their sick child, how is that my problem? Maybe they shouldn't have had kids.

Heh.