Saturday, August 16, 2008

Riiiigggghhhhhhttttttt.


It seems the fetus-fetishists have a brand-new, not-so-secret weapon in their neverending quest to save the babies!1!!11!! and, just as an added bonus, gain control over women everywhere.

40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program:
• Prayer and fasting
• Constant vigil
• Community outreach

40 Days for Life takes a determined, peaceful approach to showing local communities the consequences of abortion in their own neighborhoods, for their own friends and families. It puts into action a desire to cooperate with God in the carrying out of His plan for the end of abortion in America.

The 40-day campaign tracks Biblical history, where God used 40-day periods to transform individuals, communities ... and the entire world. From Noah in the flood to Moses on the mountain to the disciples after Christ's resurrection, it is clear that God sees the transformative value of His people accepting and meeting a 40-day challenge.

In other words, from September 24 to November 2, clinics across North America are going to be inundated (or so they say) with hungry, prayer-happy, anti-choice mouthbreathers. This should be worth the price of admission.

P.S. Does it make me a bad person if I readily admit that I’m considering a pool on when the first fetus-fetishist will pass out at the Morgentaler clinic in downtown Ottawa? ‘Cause I’m totally okay with that.

9 comments:

Chimera said...

I'm considering a pool on the first cheater of the "fast." Since they're redefining "fasting" to mean abstaining from watching television, I wonder how long it will take for one of them to reach for the remote (if for no other reason than to see how the news is not covering their bogus little efforts)?

Sheena said...

where God used 40-day periods to transform individuals, communities ... and the entire world.

Holy crap. If *I* had a 40 day period I'd transform the individuals and communities around me. No shit.

Zombie Jesus said...

Okay, sign me up.

I will spend that 40 day period attempting to transform women from baby incubators to individuals who can be trusted to make the right decisions regarding their own bodies.

If, after those 40 days, women are allowed to make their own decisions regarding their bodies I will declare my sacrifice a success.

JJ said...

I signed up for updates with a special email: fetusfetishist@abortionstickle.com

I wonder if anyone will catch on

Red Tory said...

A 40 day prayer vigil — with fasting.

Well, that sounds like fun, doesn't it? I'm sure droves of people will be signing up. Anytime now.

Hey, on the off-chance this 40 Days of Futility doesn't work out, maybe they could try sticking their heads in a bucket for a week. Or standing on one leg for several hours.

Lindsay Stewart said...

Anyone know where I can get an, um, lifelike fetus costume? And a top hat?

Beijing York said...

There used to be a very good hot dog vendor stand right on the corner of Bank and Sparks where I imagine some vigil will take place. If I were still in Ottawa, I think I'd thoroughly enjoy eating a veggie dog in front of these fasting and frothing fetus fetishists. Might even let them know how fantastic my experience in the clinic was. Top notch medical services.

deBeauxOs said...

Since fetus fetishists are known for playing fast and loose with facts, this 40-day thingie should be a snap for them.

ThinkingManNeil said...

Prayer. Yeah, that'll work...

-yawn-