Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Standing out like a beacon of smart in a sea of not-smart.


Bloggers? You want bloggers?

Conservative Party of Canada recognizes the growing importance of bloggers in sending our vision to Canadians. As a result for the 2008 Conservative Party of Canada’s National Convention we will be formally accrediting bloggers.

No problem, then ... I got your blogger right here, in the form of CC's own "Pretty Shaved Ape," who recently submitted a deadly serious application for accreditation. And even though it's tempting to think he has as much chance as a cogent thought surviving in Sandy Crux's brain, let's just examine the criteria, shall we?

The accreditation of bloggers will be based on various factors - including interest;

Oh, yeah ... we're interested. Take my word for that. Next.

the readership and influence of a blog;

Yeah, we kind of have that covered. Movin' on ...

the amount of original content the blog typically generates

Well, we do try to actually, like, write stuff and not simply regurgitate CPoC press releases. Is that what you're talking about?

In any event, when it comes to street cred, I like to think PSA can hold his own, as one notices in this excerpt from the actual application:

As an individual, I have written numerous music and theater reviews and interviews as a staff writer for several regional papers. I've edited a university poetry journal and my poetry has been published in a variety of journals. I have been nominated for three arts awards in the performing arts, appeared as a panelist on the CTV show "The Final Round" and worked extensively in the arts sector. I am currently a member of ACTRA, SOCAN, CARAS and SAC ... etc, etc.

Now, granted, none of that approaches Twatrick-level cinematic punditry, but I'm thinking PSA can hold his own in a convention hall full of Steve Jankes and Stephen Taylors, if you catch my drift.

We'll keep you posted.

P.S. I'm fairly sure he's smarter than Adam Daifallah, too. Although, truth be told, I'm guessing that's not hard.

2 comments:

Dr.Dawg said...

I applied too. I wish us both luck, but luck may have nothing to do with it.

Chimera said...

Good luck to both o' yas! But I'd be willing to bet that the primary criterion would be one that's not even mentioned -- the big brown spot at the tip of the nose that's caused by close proximity to Harper's nether regions.