Sunday, June 15, 2008

Smithers ... release the delusional madness!


Hmmmmmm ... Blogging Tory "Neo Conservative" takes a break from reporting on the Toronto murder rate to bone reality up the ass thusly:

While the Canadian media is making itself giddy over the Taliban jailbreak in Afghanistan...

I'm sorry ... the Canadian media is "giddy" over this? I must have missed that. Perhaps someone would like to point out just where the Canadian media is celebrating this rather embarrassing development. Come on, Neo ... surely you can provide a link. We're waiting. Oh, but wait, it gets so much weirder:

I suspect Canadian troopers are quietly pleased about the suddenly 'target-rich' environment.

Um ... what? So, if I read Neo correctly, the Canadian media are giddy over this latest development, and that makes them treasonous, troop-hating scumbags of some kind. But the Canadian military are (and what other word would you use here but?) giddy over this very same development, and that's cool because now they have more people to ... what? Hunt? Capture? Shoot down in the streets?

Seriously, if there are any members of the Canadian military reading this, I'd like the unvarnished truth -- are you "quietly pleased" by the recent massive jailbreak? Normally, I'd just assume Neo has been into the paint thinner again, but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt so ... let's hear it. Was this prison break a good thing from your perspective?

The lines are open, and I'm sure some of us would really like to know what you're thinking about this. 'Cuz, frankly, it would creep me out more than a little if Neo turned out to be right about this.

4 comments:

Diane Demorney said...

I'm not in the forces, but my dad was (career officer - Colonel in the Black Watch) and I grew up on bases all around the world... so take my opinion with that in mind...

WTF? My initial reaction is that Neo seems to think Canadian soldiers are a bunch of trigger-happy yahoos with no regard for rules of engagement or general military discipline. Way to respect the troops, Neo.

And I should mention that using phrases like "target rich environment" by chickenhawks pisses me off no end.

Balbulican said...

Neo's comment is a wonderful illustration (as if others were needed) of the miraculous way ANY event can prove your conclusion is correct, as long as you start with the conclusion.

CC said...

Quite right, balby:

"I would now like to prove that God exists. First, assume the existence of God ..."

Red Tory said...

That's a pretty good illustration of the delusional fantasy world this demented little fucker inhabits.