Friday, June 06, 2008

Deja vu.


Why, yes, this does sound familiar. Think back ... waaaaaay back. Oh, right:

Richard Nixon to counsel Leonard Garment: ``Leonard, as my counsel, I think it's about time you took a look at these transcripts of the secret tapes. As you can see, there are many frank and candid remarks which, if taken out of context, might create a false impression.''

Garment: ``Yessir. I can see one here on page two.''

Nixon: ``Which one's that?''

Garment: `` `Well, John, how's the cover-up going?' ''

Nixon: ``Right! A good example!''

Garment: ``Yessir. It could be misinterpreted.''

Nothing ever changes, does it?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I'm glad I'm not Brezhnev. Being the Russian leader in the Kremlin. You never know if someone's tape recording what you say."
-Richard M. Nixon