Friday, April 25, 2008
Time to play.
As always ... in the comments, if you please.
1) Name one slasher film (preferably original) that honestly scared you.
2) Your favourite Viking movie and why.
3) And just to change things up ... coffee or tea in the morning? Be warned — anyone who says neither will be regarded with deep suspicion by this girl.
1) Halloween with Jamie Leigh Curtis, the very first one. As campy as it might seem now, that movie scared me silly the first time I saw it. I’m not even sure why — I think it was a combination of the utterly expressionless mask that Michael Myers wore and the soundtrack which was brilliantly creepy.
2) The Thirteenth Warrior which is based on Michael Crichton’s retelling of Beowulf. It has everything a good Viking film needs — bloody sword fights, mythical monsters, scary stories in the longhouse and Vikings laughing in the face of death. It also has incredible cinematography and an outstanding cast, which includes Tony Curran, one of my favourite actors.
3) Coffee, coffee, coffee in the morning and green tea in the afternoon. I would be completely useless without at least 2 cups before noon.