Friday, April 18, 2008
Shall we play?
You know the drill, kids … in the comments, if you please.
1) Name one movie that you think is hilarious but everyone else thinks is teh suck (be honest).
2) Favourite Paul Newman film and why.
3) And just to change things up ... name the worst job you ever had.
1) The Golden Child with Eddie Murphy. A movie that is just beyond bad but never fails to amuse the fuck outta me. Behold the hilarity.
2) No question — Cool Hand Luke. Where to begin? Newman’s breathtaking portrayal of Luke’s absolutely unfaltering spirit even as life continually shits on him, the incredible supporting cast, the egg scene, his endless escape attempts .. and that smile. Not to mention those blue, blue eyes. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid runs a pretty close second.
3) My first waitressing gig which was an absolute disaster. I only got it because I'd lied about my age (I said I was 18 when I was only 17) and it was at this horrendous little greasy spoon owned by a husband and wife who looked like they could’ve been members of the Manson Family. The place was infested with cockroaches, the cook had a nodding acquaintance with soap and the husband played grabass every time I walked past him. I quit my second day right after accidentally, most definitely not on purpose, dumping a cup of coffee in Mr. Grabby’s lap.